How will heatlh regen work?

marharth

I'm not that bothered about it, Oblivion had you transfer regenerating mana to health, this just saves spamming the healing spells. The only downside I can see is It might make leveling up restoration a little harder, you'll be using the healing spells less often.

I think you still need (a lot ) of healing if you are playing mage-like character (not so heavily armored) Tough can't say for sure.

But well, We see it all in 5 days.

I'm not that bothered about it, Oblivion had you transfer regenerating mana to health, this just saves spamming the healing spells. The only downside I can see is It might make leveling up restoration a little harder, you'll be using the healing spells less often.

I think you still need (a lot ) of healing if you are playing mage-like character (not so heavily armored) Tough can't say for sure.

But well, We see it all in 5 days.

True but the healing wasn't difficult, it was just time consuming. A mage could well end a fight with little mana, you'd have to wait for that to regenerate, spam the healing spells and then wait again for the mana to regenerate before moving on. For me this just saves time, I'd rather be off setting fire to people or bashing them over the head than standing there waiting for bars to fill and spamming spells.

It will work like it does in WoW or other similar games I would imagine- in combat, it's not going to regen, however when you leave combat it's going to recover slowly.

I quite like this, as it will stop be getting deep in to a dungeon, killing a baddie, then having to face off against a big enemy with no health, and having to re-run the entire dungeon

My issue is that you heal when moving out of combat.

I wouldn't mind a way to heal yourself through magic or bandaging.

Like a method to sit down in a animation and heal yourself up. I simply don't like that you heal when moving.

I'd love for passive healing to only work while immobile, but I'm playing on console.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/facepalm.gif

I'm fine with it, though. Much less dying from minor things like dropping from a slightly high ledge after clearing a dungeon. It also keeps me from having to level restoration (which you shouldn't have to do to survive...). Anyone with the PC version shouldn't complain, just mod the function out.

I personally don't have an issue with it, especially since it's not a CoD-like 'bloody screen heart pounding -> bright and chipper' in 10 seconds style regen system. The way I see it there will be a point to food, to boost your health regen out of battle (say you've just come out of a battle on 25% health and you know there are enemies up ahead, do you really want to wait 5 mins to slow regen your health back?).

As with all things bethesda, i'm sure someone will make a mod that turns off passive health regen (although this will be cold comfort for console users), if you really hate it.

Well you can eat some apples and be at full health pretty quickly in Oblivion AND Skyrim, no one seems to complain about that?

"I fell down some stairs and broke a leg and cut my wrist, but i found a bug and ate it, my wounds closed instantly!"

Well you can eat some apples and be at full health pretty quickly in Oblivion AND Skyrim, no one seems to complain about that?

"I fell down some stairs and broke a leg and cut my wrist, but i found a bug and ate it, my wounds closed instantly!"

Because its not about realism.

It won't work outside of combat.

I made a private mod to change a few aspects of gameplay for New Vegas which includes slow health regen, and if I set a "IsInCombat == 1" flag for "Self" (the PC) in the conditions for the health regen effect, it won't regenerate your health when in combat. I'm pretty sure "IsInCombat" fires whenever there are enemies near, because it won't work if there are red dots on the compass.

If this isn't the way it works, I'm going to fix it in the CS... assuming the CS is anything like the GECK and TES Construction Set.

Also, Marharth has a point. If it works while moving, that will need to be fixed too.