Full list of Racial Bonuses

Razthemystic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orc would be the best race even if they didn't have any race bonuses.

Now that we've seen how AWESOME that their racial power and bonuses are, they are by far the most superior race and could destroy any other race with sheer willpower.

It's funny, I opened the link, reviewed the bonuses, came back to post "wtf? why are orcs the best dragon killers?" and found that everyone is already pretty much in agreement.

Assuming that dragon fights don't last much more than a minute and that you'll get a chance to rest (to reset the skill) between dragon fights, none of the other races even come close. Nord would be a good matchup against frost dragons and dunmer against fire, but dragons will be attacking physical damage, not just elemental. The double damage thing is just broken, seriously, completely broken.

I really wasn't planning on playing an orc...but my first char is gonna be a duel wielding damage machine with a very strong focus on smithing and enchanting. I guess that fits orcs pretty well.

Without going into details, I am somewhat vexed by the Imperials. It is not a huge deal or even large enough to be a small deal, but they are missing something that I always thought defined "Imperial" for Elder Scrolls.

In general, it looks like Skyrim has focused on starting at a point and making better, rather than encumber the characters with negative traits. I think, for a single player game, that may work fairly well. There is a feeling that everything is becoming homogenized so I hope that the story and environment make it so the lack of distinction is not glaring.

It's funny, I opened the link, reviewed the bonuses, came back to post "wtf? why are orcs the best dragon killers?" and found that everyone is already pretty much in agreement.

Assuming that dragon fights don't last much more than a minute and that you'll get a chance to rest (to reset the skill) between dragon fights, none of the other races even come close. Nord would be a good matchup against frost dragons and dunmer against fire, but dragons will be attacking physical damage, not just elemental. The double damage thing is just broken, seriously, completely broken.

I really wasn't planning on playing an orc...but my first char is gonna be a duel wielding damage machine with a very strong focus on smithing and enchanting. I guess that fits orcs pretty well.

Keep in mind that powers (assuming they're like Higher Powers from previous titles) can only be used once per in-game day. 60 seconds of awesomeness isn't necessarily broken if you need to wait that long to use it again.

WTF is up with that Berserker Rage? I mean, once you get a decent weapon and armor, you'll be murdering dragons in a couple of hits and laughing in their faces. The other ones seem okay but that one just breaks the game.

@Lowk:

Remember that you can be attacked by more than one dragon in the same battle, so those 60 seconds, especially relatively early on, could make the game significantly easier. Also, while it's admirable with the daily powers, I'd be highly surprised if someone didn't just use it and wait for 24 hours if the area is dangerous.

Edited by Zinro

Orc racial is so insane. Quick question...why didn't you just copy paste the list into the thread?

Some people want to be surprised and I didn't want to spoil it for them.

What a nice guy! :dance:

Orc would be the best race even if they didn't have any race bonuses.

Now that we've seen how AWESOME that their racial power and bonuses are, they are by far the most superior race and could destroy any other race with sheer willpower.

Ya I would say that bretons were easily the best race in oblivion. Orcs are almost certainly the best for warriors. Especially if your planning on dual wielding.

However, we really wont know for sure until we see whats in the game. In obivion we almost never needed to worry about diseases or poison. If poison and disease are more prevelant in Skyrim the races would seem somewhat more balanced.

Overall in my opinion, the racial skills seem to be more powerful and more balanced than oblivion. Theres also a lot more intresting racial bonuses than before.

Ya I would say that bretons were easily the best race in oblivion. Orcs are almost certainly the best for warriors. Especially if your planning on dual wielding.

I agree with that statement...except that the racial bonus for orcs is a little vague. It doesn't say melee damage. It could be double spell damage too, which would be insane. I doubt it...but still.