Full list of Racial Bonuses

Razthemystic

Orcs OP? This is a single player game... It's an interesting ability, and I prefer interesting powerful (some more so than others) abilities in my single player game than boring weak crap we get for example... in Oblivion (where I never even used those lame abilities). Never planned on playing as Orc, and I won't. I'm gonna enjoy my role playing experience thoroughly as a Breton or Dunmer (haven't decided yet) and some other race having a more powerful ability doesn't affect my game one bit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure you could increase stength past 100 with enchantments and such. So if your strength was maxed at 100, +50 would be +50%. Alternatively, early game it would actually be BETTER than +100%. But a melee orc char would hit 50 strength very early on, and past that +50 strength isnt as good.

Half damage taken is considerably better than +100% life, if it applies to magic damage. This is because if you increase your life to 2x, you still have to chug health pots just as fast. If you halve damage, you only need 1/2 the consumables.

Orcs OP? This is a single player game... It's an interesting ability, and I prefer interesting powerful (some more so than others) abilities in my single player game than boring weak crap we get for example... in Oblivion (where I never even used those lame abilities). Never planned on playing as Orc, and I won't. I'm gonna enjoy my role playing experience thoroughly as a Breton or Dunmer (haven't decided yet) and some other race having a more powerful ability doesn't affect my game one bit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I will be a Nord just cus it fits better in the story. All the starting stuff really doesn't matter after level 10 or so. I just wish the "racial powers" leveled up with you.

Orcs OP? This is a single player game...

Balance isn't something exclusive to a multiplayer game. It's not a question of Orc vs Imperial or anything like that, it's a question of the Orc being able to take on practically any creature in the game without being even remotely challenged. I mean, 50% damage reduction AND double damage? It takes the enemy creatures twice as many hits to kill you and you have to hit them half as much. You can't cruise through the entire game like this but you CAN cruise through every single boss-encounter or equivalent (eg. dragon fights, those priest things, giant spider and such).

So it's not like anyone hates that you are powerful in a singleplayer game, it's more that it seems unreasonable that you purposely have to gimp yourself to be challenged in the game (by not using the power).

I kinda miss the one-handed bonus for Dunmer...I mean for me the two have always gone hand-in-hand :tongue:

But since I'll have Nord as my firs- round race choice, this won't bother me in the near future.

Ya I would say that bretons were easily the best race in oblivion. Orcs are almost certainly the best for warriors. Especially if your planning on dual wielding.

I agree with that statement...except that the racial bonus for orcs is a little vague. It doesn't say melee damage. It could be double spell damage too, which would be insane. I doubt it...but still.

I didn't even think of that... Holy Cr@p that would be OP. I highly doubt that it would double spell damage though. That would just be ridonculous.

Balance isn't something exclusive to a multiplayer game. It's not a question of Orc vs Imperial or anything like that, it's a question of the Orc being able to take on practically any creature in the game without being even remotely challenged. I mean, 50% damage reduction AND double damage? It takes the enemy creatures twice as many hits to kill you and you have to hit them half as much. You can't cruise through the entire game like this but you CAN cruise through every single boss-encounter or equivalent (eg. dragon fights, those priest things, giant spider and such).

So it's not like anyone hates that you are powerful in a singleplayer game, it's more that it seems unreasonable that you purposely have to gimp yourself to be challenged in the game (by not using the power).

Pretty sure someone said this.... I think that it will just be a daily power so it's not like you can use it on everything.

Pretty sure someone said this.... I think that it will just be a daily power so it's not like you can use it on everything.

You should read better :P

I said specifically that you can't use it ALL the time but that you can save it for important battles where you won't be challenged at all. Also, you can wait in the game, so if you really want to, you can wait just before an area where you know there'll be a challenging fight and be ready to use your power again. IMO, you shouldn't be able to turn invincible at no cost on a daily basis. At least the ethereal shout forces you to be a pacifist while it lasts, whereas this gives you both double offense and defense.

You should read better :P

I said specifically that you can't use it ALL the time but that you can save it for important battles where you won't be challenged at all. Also, you can wait in the game, so if you really want to, you can wait just before an area where you know there'll be a challenging fight and be ready to use your power again. IMO, you shouldn't be able to turn invincible at no cost on a daily basis. At least the ethereal shout forces you to be a pacifist while it lasts, whereas this gives you both double offense and defense.

Pretty sure boss battles will last longer than 60 seconds....