Monitor size compatibility with Skyrim

SavageNights

A GTX 280 should be fine for medium or better, as long as you have a half way decent processor anyways. The GTX 280 is a better card than a GTX 260, which is recommended, so I would think a mix of medium and high isn't out of the question.... tinker with the settings and I think you could get it to look pretty decent.

hmm. While you're at it (I'm no good w/ mobile processor info) how do you think the GTX 560m would perform?

That's one of the fastest readily available mobile GPUs, it will blow a GTX 260 (recommended specs) out of the water, so it ought to play at high if not max, dependent on the screen resolution of course.

Yeah, I have a Hanns-G at the moment. It has been reliable but I am looking for better.

I have heard a lot about Dell monitors on other forums. It is very surprising since I usually avoid them. I'm looking at a Dell Ultrastrap versus an Asus. The Asus has a better response time and cheaper. Hm. I was thinking of spending less than £200.

IPS versus LED is noted.

Given your stated budget goal then IPS is something you can forget about.

Regarding IPS,LED. It is not a matter of IPS tech versus LED. LED refers to the back lighting used.

Upper end LCD monitors, which tend to be IPS or similar offbranch tech, tend to use 'old school' florescent tube

tech as the backlight. Reason , more accurate color rendering than current LED back lighting can offer.

All LED back light does is use somewhat less current. Color accuracy is not what it is known for, one has to determine

if that is a issue for your use or not. For most gamer machines, probably not.

If your budget is 200 or less your pretty much limited on display quality. If you do not mind color and contrast shifts

with minor vertical displacement )movement) of your head it is not a issue (or one learns how not to move the point

of view). There are some newer non IPS implementations that sort of address this issue to some satisfaction, so I hear.

Good luck. Shopping for panels is probably the most important part of a PC purchase over the core system components

as it is your direct interface to the system. It is also a pain in the butt finding what one wants.

It takes some serious research to understand what the underlying jargon means and what panel tech the monitors your

looking at use.

Sadly, most stores that display these today use video sources to show them off when what one would want

is to see a display showing a typical computing desktop with some video or still images mixed in.

I've not seen a proper store display in many years.

Most of the stuff I see LCD wise, I consider trash. But I'm pretty picky on what my eyes see, and am always trying to get back to the contrast and color gamut a quality cathode ray tube used to offer. Can't be done on any LCD tech I've seen

that is affordable to the typical humanoid.

Some come close but $$$$

I'm reasonably happy with my Dell in my sig but it is a pricy thing.