UI overhaul concepts

headbomb

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest issue with the interface for me is how its clearly not designed for use with a mouse. As far as style goes, I realy dig it.

More information is what I'd like to see, just like LegendarySpamcake suggested here:, it's clean, simple and informative. And unlike Darnified UI for oblivion I don't have to squint to find what I want.

http://i.imgur.com/GKuzW.jpg

Saw this on facepunch, I would kill if this UI ever come to fruition.

I recommend changing the UI that deals with crafting, for example when I level enchanting I have to do 3 clicks, push enter, and click yes, every time. Very annoying. Be better if I could just click 3 times to select the stuff and then keep clicking once to craft a bunch of items and change the items/enchant/modifiers if I want. Same thing with alchemy. Very, very time consuming to level alchemy and enchanting because of the UI. Smithing is fine, I highlight an item hit e and click. I also don't like the box that pops up asking if I want to craft this item. If you want to eliminate that box entirely, and make crafting one click, or simply press E to make the item that would be freaking awesome. Possibly put a tab in settings to eliminate the box, some people might like it but I absolutely hate the game questioning my actions every time asking if I want to craft X item, after doing it a million times. I hate the crafting UI in this game with a passion. I hate the UI in general, but this takes the cake.

Alchemy in general needs to be more intuitive. If you created a potion, it should be on a list of potions you can make that you can highlight, and click E to make providing you have the materials, and crafted the potion once, instead of it being a bunch of guess work. Alchemy desperately needs some UI mod love. The entire way Alchemy crafting works in this game needs an overhaul.

Example, you would have a bar showing different potion effects, for example Restore health, click that and it will have a list of available potions you made under that tab, you highlight the potion and click E to craft just highlight and left click, and no stupid window showing up asking if you want to create the item. Anyone agree something like that would be way better than the current UI?

I'm gonna post this in mod requests, also.

Edited by Beriallord

• 3 weeks later...

It looks great. I would love to see this. This seems like a really achievable concept to bring to life. Some other concepts I've seen look a lot more ambitious, on the verge of impossible. I like that this is one I could actually see happening

I also really love the skills screen, I like the look of the stars, and it's kind of fun, but it's a mess to navigate, so I like how you kept it and just added a simple navigation menu. Awesome, I hope somebody will take this on.

i would love a total number of weight for every category, because since morrowind i asked me so much times how much i carry only with potions or ingredients for example.

This would be SO useful! Oh man, I never thought of that before!

Seconding this.

Yeah I didn't mind oblivion Ui. and even wow inference/Ui was better since I played for over 5+ years and seen most the changes over the years.

As much as I do miss my ud-rogue/troll mage/tauren druid lol, I quit wow to play oblivion..

But yes. I miss able sort thing via waight. price, I miss able scrolling over see what stats/skills are being effects and able see what quest I was

doing, what I should be do..

Take either wow or oblivion Ui and make em somewhat work in Skyrim and id be happy.. But I hate the new crapy console version Skyrim Ui.

It has a few good things, but you can tell Bethesda ran out idea, and or just rushed it too much..

So annoying when talking to NPC and when select an option only have select something else.

Wow UI for Skyrim, That would be interesting lol.

Even Oblivion ui in skyrim would be nice too. with few minor tweaks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start with Oblivion's Darnified UI, add SkyUI (I love the search function)

Just saw it, SkyUI v2.0. Inventory (v1), now joined by barter, container, and magic menus! Huge improvements!

Favourites is next on the list.

Just look at the SkyUI page on Skyrimnexus (I hope Beth is too....) The highest numbers I've seen for any mod.

• A big one for me is being able to see my character in the inventory. Why did they remove it? I barely even look at the models. Looking at my character is a lot quicker to see what items I'm wearing. A quick tap of F2 see that I'm all set and back out again in five seconds.
  • Oblivion-style active effects list. One effect with everything that provides it.
  • Oblivion-style Active effects show up on the gamescreen with a countdown. Option to hide until the last 30 seonds perhaps.
  • I have a mod that adds the roads to the map, a lot easier to navigate. Nothing worse than spending ten minutes walking to a undiscovered location, only to find that a mountain is in the way. What kind of map doesn't have roads when you walk everywhere? Now if I could only remove the clouds.

Yeah I'm comparing a lot to Oblivion, that was my first intro to TES. Those that started with Morrowind are going to compare everything that comes later to Morrowind.