UI overhaul concepts

headbomb

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The inventory concept shown doesn't thrill me (looks like MacOS version 1) but I am definately going to want some kind of inventory overhaul. I like to be able to compare items without switching back and forth, and want to be able to see the stats without having to select everything individually. Maybe the selected item can be shown larger with the nearby items in the list being smaller, or in the "background,"

Meant no offense with the MacOS crack... I see now you meant for those sections to be semi-transparent ;)

The inventory concept shown doesn't thrill me (looks like MacOS version 1) but I am definately going to want some kind of inventory overhaul. I like to be able to compare items without switching back and forth, and want to be able to see the stats without having to select everything individually. Maybe the selected item can be shown larger with the nearby items in the list being smaller, or in the "background,"

Meant no offense with the MacOS crack... I see now you meant for those sections to be semi-transparent ;)

Yeah, that would need to be there. It'd rather be easy to add a sort of "Name / Armor / Weight / Value" header at the top of the main list. I wanted to add it, but I wasn't sure I could fit the values, and I guess I sort of forgot about it by the time I finished the first draft. I'll try to update the image soon.

Also: Skills concepts have been added

Edit: Added the Armor / Weight / Value breakdown

Edited by headbomb

Looks great hopefully the vanilla interface comes with a opacity control that can be seamlessly folded into a mod like this so that you can see more yet still have an interface. The menus looked awesome It would be great if you had it come both in a whiter color and in the darker more vanilla color scheme or found a way to change its color in-game to suit our specific moods. Edited by jjeeff185

Looks good man, the whole minimalist inventory thing they did this time is really immersion breaking. I don't even like the font...

Whenever I see the current version in videos it makes me just want to see all the items stacked one above the other, with easily viewable stats, and a little icon that represents it. And maybe a 3d bigger version of it on the side for the "oooh pretty" quick glance.