Poll - Armor Dyes

droscoe2

Armor Dyes - How would you like it to work?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to have an artisan at a shop dye armor OR have the ability to dye armor yourself?

• An NPC at a shop would be perfect.
    • Both. Give me an NPC at a shop and the ability to dye armor as well.
    • No NPC. Just give me the ability to do it myself.
  2. 2. IF an artisan could only do the dye process, how would you like to acquire the dyes?

• It would be easier if he had all available colors on hand, all the time.
    • It would be nice if he had a few colors on hand, but I'd like to find more out on my adventures.
    • Don't give him any colors. I want to find them all on my adventures.
  3. 3. IF you could only dye armor yourself, how would you like to acquire the dyes?

Might I suggest (I know, I just went ahead and did ^^)that you make a shop, but only have the artisan doing a few dyes? Perhaps three different standard collors and then let the player create the rest from plants gathered in the wilderness.

This may be a very minor spoiler but

Fish and butterflies are in the game and are pickable (you click them, they get added to your inventory). Believe it or not, fish scales is a common ingredient in women's make-up, because it can yield vibrant colours. I think actually crafting the dye will be simple if they've implemented New Vega's and priors' crafting system. Butterfly wings and many other insects have always been used for dyes and tattoos as well. Just create a recipe and you're good to go. So lore-wise that's fitting.

Great suggestions!

First, thank you for the feedback so far.

Second, two questions:

1) What 'kind' of recipes would you prefer?

Recipes that include appropriate ingredients from the world of Skyrim?

Or color mixing dyes from primary colors to create the secondary color dyes? i.e.-yellow dye with blue dye creates green dye?

2) Do you think brown and orange should be a color included in the choices? While in certain situations, brown my be appealing, but I'm thinking people will go for the other dyes, and adding just two color adds A LOT of time.

I myself think ingredients from the world would be great, but have the Artisan have a few main colors on hand...thoughts?

Edited by droscoe2

• 3 weeks later...