So what happened to Book of Earache?

shockwave171

Hi, I remember the mod book of earache for FO3 and a brief time avaiable for NV, but I can't find it now and Lings Patch is a old version. Can anyone tell me what happened to the mod? It got banned? and can you tell me what is the latest version for caliber, Book of earache and Lings?

I found a Caliber v3.15, Book of earache v3.0 and Lings v4.2 is that right?

Earache and the guys who worked with Earache didnt like the way things went here on the Nexus..and I sort of agree with it. He was banned at his request and had taken down his files.

TBH,many of the great modders that many of us remember,such as Earache and Dreadwolf have vanished. Hell,all of DWs gun mods are gone now. Pity cause they were the best mods.

Vaguely recall the 21st Cent team saying that they dont want anymore assets put in NV and all that or something.

Summed up in 20 words or less

They felt that the moding community wasnt caring about the mods or the spirit,but the fame of doing it.

Long explanation from what I remember and read a long time ago

Basically someone was flinging poo and flagging a lot of mods citing that they were using stolen assets or something or it was somebody forgot to say thanks in the credits. Was a huge debate or something and they said that the community sucks now and everyones not modding to mod,but to get lucky and famous or something. (I think they ment that people wanted to compete with the big mods,BoE,Willow AWoP etc) and the poo flinging was their way of pulling the well put tgeather mods down and putting up the not so good ones so theyd get the recognition. Was a real shame when Earache left,but hes on another mod site. PM me if you want it,have it favorited so I can get updates.

Correct me if Im wrong.