New DLC has to be paid for, even if you bought the season pass?

squeezeecheese

"Fallout 4 has already received three DLCs: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor, and all of them were included in the $30 Season Pass. However, the upcoming three DLCs announced at the E3 are not included in the game's original season pass."

here is where the quote comes from : http://www.techtimes.com/articles/164671/20160614/fallout-4-getting-new-dlc-nuka-world-fallout-shelter-heading-to-pc.htm

has the author of this article made a mistake? suppose it will be known when it is time for the new DLC to arrive...

....also, was this mentioned anywhere else officially?

Edited by squeezeecheese

NO- Bethesda made it 100% clear that ALL DLC was included in the price of the Season pass (which makes the pass, if bought at its lowest price, quite good in the scheme of things).

Tech sites are the WORST place to read the truth. They are either passing off PR propaganda (for a generous fee) as 'news', or plain inventing things as a result of their dim-bulb journos imagining themselves as tech oracles.

When a writer at a 'tech' site is 'thinking', you know that what their fingers type is going to be pure laughable nonsense. Those that can, do. Those that can't run or write for tech sites.

There may be some truth to this, that or Valve screwed something up. The other day under the DLC tab it showed I owned the next 3 DLC coming out. However today they've disappeared. I own the Fallout 4 Season Pass by the way. Going to the page for Contraptions for example asks me to purchase the DLC for my account. There's no indication that I own it, even the store page for the Season Pass only lists Automatron, Far Harbor, and Wasteland Workshop. Maybe only people who paid for the Season Pass after the price increase get the new DLC? Hopefully it's just a glitch otherwise I'm going to be a little pissed off here.

UPDATE: So I think it is a screw-up on Valve's behalf. Looking at the discussion page over there apparently it's not showing up for some people as owned but for others it is. Long story short, if you own the Season Pass and the new 3 DLC are NOT showing up as owned, don't buy them yet. Wait until Contraptions releases on the 21st and see if you automatically get it.