Is Yes Man the best thing for NCR and Legion as well?

JackTrenton

I was also open to the answer that its NRC in said language I just wasnt sure because it seems like its just changing stuff around. In languages Im familiar with NCR becomes stuff like YCC. And it just seems like everyone who says NRC types in relatively perfect English. Also you made that "typo" twice...

Back on topic!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Yes Man is the only option. Leaves Vegas free to develop without constraints. Or better yet, under "my" benevolence.

After the dam, 1st order of business is to establish again diplomatic ties with NCR through Crocker and work on a relationship with definite lines and constraints. To the ends of an alliance against the obvious evils of the Legion. Lease NCR Camp McCaran back, send them power from the damn and Helios one. Send them fresh water and assist them with agricultural supplies/food.

2nd order of business is to clean up the areas outside of the strip with help from the Kings, free up and clean up the mess in West Side to improve security while helping the honest(er) residents retain autonomy. Enhance protection from Vipers/other gangs by cleaning out vault 3 and restoring it as a home and base of anti gang operations for NW NV.

3rd order would be to either encourage the Kahns to continue to move east, or to stay but reduce their dependency on the drug trade, or better yet, to work with the Followers to turn their "cooking skills" to better use. Encourage and support the Followers in their quest to bring a better life to the Mohave.

4th order would be to establish ties with the BOS. (I, through my game play) are a "Brother", so this should be easier then it looks at first glance. Ensure lack fo prosecution from my new New Vegas faction.

Open trade and ties with Jacobstown, Novac, Primm and Nipton (if it come back). Allow NCR to maintian outpost at Mohave Outpost.

The list of works to be done would be long, and would take years. However, to me it has always seemed that the best choice was Yes Man. NCR was always second to me.

House third, because he is/was too callous towards humanity to believe that anything beyond the Strip would ever flourish under his control. He had YEARS to make a difference, nothing happened. the argument could be made for House by saying he offers freedom too, but I disregard that in with the simple proof of the Strip and its elitist ways.

The Legion, as always, is dead last, simply because they are by far evil, and I value freedom too much. Any faction that crucifies people and burns towns and makes a game of it is not ever a faction I would support, even at the barrel of a gun.

Well, in my opinion the big problem of either House or Yes Men is the small fact, that the can't control anything but New Vegas itself.

The towns of the region like Good Springs or Prim or Novac or... can't be secured that way.

The Bots may repair themselves, but I didn't see any kind of missile-crafting facilities there. So NV is lost after some time, to either NCR (called "RNK - Repuplik Neu-Kalifornien" in german by the way) or the Legion.

There may be the "Mary Sue" variant with a big alliance between all towns in the region, all minor factions (like Boomers, maybe even BoS) but this would be to idealized.

The may be suckers in the NCR, but there are also great people like Tandi. So my choice is NCR (backed up with my Securitrons).

It wouldn't be hard for Mr. House to build workshops around smaller areas.

Most of the NCR is corrupt, just like the real USA. Money completely controls it, not the ideology to help people within your "country."

That and Mr. House could just deploy his bots from his base. It wouldn't take long at all for him to just send a few new bots out.

Well, in my opinion the big problem of either House or Yes Men is the small fact, that the can't control anything but New Vegas itself.

The towns of the region like Good Springs or Prim or Novac or... can't be secured that way.

The Bots may repair themselves, but I didn't see any kind of missile-crafting facilities there. So NV is lost after some time, to either NCR (called "RNK - Repuplik Neu-Kalifornien" in german by the way) or the Legion.

There may be the "Mary Sue" variant with a big alliance between all towns in the region, all minor factions (like Boomers, maybe even BoS) but this would be to idealized.

The may be suckers in the NCR, but there are also great people like Tandi. So my choice is NCR (backed up with my Securitrons).

Actually all the great people in NCR died.

Also Mr. House has a very clear advantage(besides the Securitrons that can completely repair themselves and most likely can manufacture their own ammo.). The Big Empty, the Sierra Madre, and the Divide. Why do the other factions not have them? Because Legion would ignore them and the NCR would blow themselves up with them(regarding the first 2.) or use everything to blow up the Legion(regarding the Divide.). House and the Courier are the only ones able to tame those places and use them correctly.

I'm going to use my personal fallout experience to attempt a simple answer here.

Here goes..

"Can't we all just get along.."

Wait that's not right..

"Kill 'em all and let god sort em out.."

Yeah that seems to fit better.

Problem solved :D

And think about it, maybe the "best thing" for these human factions (ok maybe not house) would be to NOT suffer the horrors of the wasteland, instead, just gracefully die off, and be remembered only in the annuls of the new supermutant and ghoul history books, as a precursor to a new evolution.

Yeah, seems like we all forgot about the political stance of the "abominations" of the waste here didn't we..

Ghouls and Mutant superiority concepts are doomed. Neither can breed they are only created by the mutation of a normal human :whistling:

Evolution does not exist and its not Science. :wink:

Back to the topic now?

Edited by ModelV

Ghouls, were created through exposure to high levels of radiation not fev experiments, and the earlier supermutants were "successful" in some aspects. considering how long some of the first gen mutants have survived, (not to mention the ghouls), YES they were created from humans, but WHEN their evolution stabilizes (and hell yes it's evolution.. Forced evolution maybe.. But thats kinda undeniable here). They will both be superior to humans in a radioactive setting... Not to mention that they GET ALONG with a lot more of the wildlife around..

And if you don't believe in evolution... Thats kinda your own personal belief for the here and now.. Not exactly too important in a discussion about the factions in a make believe world... (for e.g. Mr House is another form of "evolution", between man and robot, the same could be said of Yes Man.. And for crying out loud, HUMANS are created by mutations in humans..)

Staying on topic,

As my whole last post was,

Best place for legion and ncr is in the past. The Ghouls and Supermutants, eventually win (through attrition at the very least).

Look at Harold. (actually don't look at harold, he's freaky, just consider harold)

/\ (personal opinion, but personal opinion based on the original question)

Edited by adman85

A species unable to breed will die off. Yes Ghouls and Super Mutants live a very long time but what if we found out it only extends the life span by 300 years? They arent immortal they die just like humans and are capable of war and infighting just like humans the steady rate of unnatural deaths will kill them off.

This is why the Master's plan was flawed. Pointing out the fact that they cant breed makes him see how flawed his entire plan and existence is.