The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

Name that man. Name him please.

I have always been honest and never changed my posts. Speaking of Changing I have never switched sides 5 times. I kept count.

Imperial

Stormcloak

Imperial

Stormcloak

Imperial

You said you were never truly a Stormcloak but I have a message from you claiming that you "See the light." So if this is not the case then you lied which would mean you have not been 100% honest like you claim to be.

There is no hope for this Empire. And I stand by that.

Yes, I came here to help Gabryal (He didnt need it), I came here to point out the flaws of Imperial arguments, I came here to defend Stormcloak arguments. Those are my reasons. If I could change people into Stormcloaks, would I? Perhaps not. Everyone deserves a choice in what side they wish to choose. My best friend is a die hard Imperial and hates Skyrim and Ulfric and the Nords in general. We disagree on many things but at the end of the day we know we can rely on each other. Stormhammer I do not wish to sway your way because Its plain to see that you would do more harm than good as a Stormcloak.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my dear, first of all, I have pretty much always been an Imperial. Always. There was a real short time in the beginning when I wasn't but for the majority of the time, I have been an Imperial with Imperial views.

Now.

I am a man... who doesn't let his pride get in the way of the decisions I make. So, then I had those discussions with Gabryal and I dunno, I didn't agree with all of it but I figured, "Well, I could be totally wrong about this. Perhaps Ulfric is right." Ok? Annnd I'm a fair man, so I decided I cross the aisle and see how the other side lives for a while. And it wasn't a bad thing at all. That's why I did that, wanted to know for certain and sometimes you have to just go there. Even if it's somewhere you don't want to be.

The light. Here's what I learned. The light is neither Ulfric or the Empire. Ok? "The Light" is something else. Because both sides are wrong in their own way.

The thing about it is, as a Stormcloak, I found it borderline impossible to have a separate opinion, even if it's something insignificant. It was like everyone had to more or less do and think the same way. Ok, this is not something that I'm used to because like Gaby said, Imperials are all over the place with our views and yet, we all get along just fine.

And, I just found it damn peculiar to be fighting for freedom when I can't express myself. What if Ulfric leads 'em all off the cliff, if no one can correct him, because it's a charismatic cause, then how much damage could he do as High King?

I'm also as you can tell, very tolerant and slow to judge which is why it took so... long.

So, now I know. And I really could care less if anyone looks down on me fer it because I learned much from the experience.

Neither do I have a negative opinion of the Stormcloaks, I mean you guys seem pretty kool, errrr albeit not towards me, but me aside, you guys are pretty awesome!

Trying to publicly humiliate me isn't going to work, I'm afraid. :D Still doesn't change the fact that my argument still stands. Doesn't really even matter.

Seriously, I think these constant personal attacks you guys are doing against me, aren't going to get you anywhere :/ Seems like you guys are using a page out of the "Thalmor's playbook". That reminds me, anyone ever noticed the striking similarities between the Thalmor and the Stormcloaks?

Edited by StormHammer81

Well, I'm pretty tired. I've only been at this for about mmm... what (4) hours now? Goodnight!!! Oh and that reminds me, I will be changing my name soon.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m23v1y43nD1r08ot2o1_500.png

Awww hell. Well, lol hehehe you guys wanted a war?!?!? Perhaps after this, you'll come to see that War is not always the solution and War is maybe not so great afterall?

Edited by StormHammer81

Its sad really, I didnt see once where Sithis (from the forum you say where you had to have the same opinion) or myself said you had to think the same way as us. You were making terrible arguments and were destroying your own credibility (Until you went back and changed all your posts to not look like a fool). Many of us Stormcloaks are credible, I have respect for all the other Imperials who have stood by there cause and not been wavered. I hope for there sake they dispose of you as their spokesman and challenge me themselves like Kradus. (He's just one example)

You havent taken into consideration all the wholes we have poked in your argument.

I would state them again but I dont see that having any real affect on you. I dont think you would understand what I mean.

"If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you can not do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is." - Ned Stark, Lord of Winterfell

Its sad really, I didnt see once where Sithis (from the forum you say where you had to

have the same opinion) or myself said you had to think the same way as

us. You were making terrible arguments and were destroying your own

credibility (Until you went back and changed all your posts to not look

like a fool). Many of us Stormcloaks are credible, I have respect for

all the other Imperials who have stood by there cause and not been

wavered. I hope for there sake they dispose of you as their spokesman

and challenge me themselves like Kradus. (He's just one example)

Oh I know. You would love that wouldn't you?

You know, when I first came to this forum, I remember how the pro-Imperials were treated.

I remember the rudeness, the arrogance, the child-like petulance, the outright dismissal of any form of Pro-Imperial reasoning, same as today. And then I came along, and turned things around for us. The only reason the Empire has as strong a presence as it has here today is because of me. You're most welcome.

So in a way, I'm kinda like an Imperial General. Though I'm not really, but I'm just saying. If there be a stronger Imperial out there who would like to take my place, you're most welcome to do so because I, unlike some people am not a brain-dead power-hungry sycophant.

However, Stormcloaks don't dictate Imperial policy, we do.

My contributions to the Imperial cause are numerous and have changed the tide for us on many occasions.

If the Imperials should want me to leave, I'll leave. But they won't last long. Not on here. They don't know you guys like I do.

Face it, you're going to have to deal with me for a looong time. At least until I am no longer needed.

So Stormcloak117, you're running out of ammo and personal attacks. Like I said, Imperial Legions are smart enough to use shields, what good is a 2H weapon when you're constantly under attack with no cover? Light Armor is garbage (except Elven) what good does it do to run around in circles when I can swat you dead in one hit?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m23v1y43nD1r08ot2o1_500.png

Edited by StormHammer81

Despite my earlier request to stay on topic and stop with the personal attacks (this is a game forum..and a debate about a GAME after all.) I see cooler heads and intellects have not won the day.

I am closing this thread. Continued naughtiness in this debates forum by many of you could very well result in loss of posting privileges in the forums. I would remind you all to review the Forum Rules and also the conduct expected in the debates section in general.

Closed. Do not start another topic like this for a while please.~Lisnpuppy