Crashes on start

envelope91

I can see and hear the Bethesda logo, then i see a REALLY QUICK flash of what looks like the main menu, then it just disapear, the window just goes away, no message, no error...

Windows 7

Intel i7 3.2GHz

Radeon 5850

No mods (yet), i got the same version as everyone else i suppose, so it must be me.. but how can i possibly know what's wrong, the past few days i have only tried to prepare my computer for the game, unfragmenting harddrives, checking for errors, etc etc.

Anyone that can help me, i beg of you! <3

EDIT: It would appear as if changing the sound quality in the control panel solved it(??)

Edited by envelope91

I also see a glimps of the main menu before crash to desktop. My system can more then cope with this game, i got it for BF3 and Skyrim

Intel i5 3.3 sandybridge

windows 7 64bit

xfx 6950 1gb and 8 gig of Ram

Am kinda really pissed off Ive booked the Friday and Saturday of work to play this and im staying up way past my bed time

Not a happy bunny

Got the same problem. Just get a glimpses of something like a main menu and crash to desktop. Tried everything from the link above - didn't help. All drivers and DirectX are up to date. Hardware is: i7 720QM, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, W7x64. Any suggestions on what else to do?