NOT impressed with steam

lgpmichael

Bought the physical copy, first out of the store with it.

Get home, install. Press play in steam *yuck, why steam*

'This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time.

HOW unimpressed am I right now. My first experience with steam and it locks me out of a game I own before Ive even played it.

Let me express how unhappy...

FURIOUS!!

It's not just your problem.

In Prague (Czech Republic) waited about three hundred people at midnight in front of one of the stores...

Everyone waited to get Skyrim, everyone got it a everyone paid ...

and now unexpected see to the surprise from Steam: "Skyrim cannot be installed yet, because it is not yet released"

As wrote one guy:

And I imagine most vividly about 300 people who stood in the cold front with me, everyone will bring home to cook hot tea to unfreeze, crowds DVD into the drive and learns that the game does not install.

For This one should do some people in unemployed...

Edited by Semtex

This is Bethesda's chosen method of DRM. It's far less draconian than others widely in use *cough* EA *cough*. Steam is a simple yet effective way to ensure stores don't break street date and to make the game more difficult to obtain illegally. Having seen some of the other DRM systems out there, I'm not going to complain about the Steam verification. Edited by xaliqen

I know a few people who played Skyrim on Wednesday evening. Warez, of course.

I'll have Skyrim on Friday evening - maybe. Or Monday. Or Tuesday ... As UPS manages to deliver a shipment ...

STEAM is a pile of junk sometimes. Just installing the game now from my retail disk and it took me 3 time to start the installation, before it wanted to download the full game instead. Man the thought of having to do that made me go ape

It's not just your problem.

In Prague (Czech Republic) waited about three hundred people at midnight in front of one of the stores...

Everyone waited to get Skyrim, everyone got it a everyone paid ...

and now unexpected see to the surprise from Steam: "Skyrim cannot be installed yet, because it is not yet released"

I'm not going to shed tears becuase some stores broke the street date, and people found out that they still had to wait like everyone else.

Steam CAN be a problem, but there's a lot that has nothing to do with Steam and everything to do with impatience.

Edited by FoolyFooly