Modern Firearms(Gunsmith Edition)

BeingShotAt

SOME of the assets in the 2.1/2.11 version were stolen (the three Barrett rifles - M82, XM500 and 98 Bravo, two of the M14 chassis - EBR and EMR, the DSR-1 and the M2HB HMG), specifically the models were ripped from other games and then re-uploaded to a filesharing site that, unknown to Sheep, is apparently known for that sort of s#*!. The ripped assets have since been removed, and the clean version re-uploaded on mods.bethesda. We're working on replacing what we had to remove with legal stuff, and sorting out the credits list so we can come back to the Nexus (they insisted on us having that 100% sorted out, Bethesda is a little more forgiving on that front though).

And yes, what I just posted is the God-honest truth - I'm just one small part of the team working on rebuilding Modern Firearms.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

SOME of the assets in the 2.1/2.11 version were stolen (the three Barrett rifles - M82, XM500 and 98 Bravo, two of the M14 chassis - EBR and EMR, the DSR-1 and the M2HB HMG), specifically the models were ripped from other games and then re-uploaded to a filesharing site that, unknown to Sheep, is apparently known for that sort of s***. The ripped assets have since been removed, and the clean version re-uploaded on mods.bethesda. We're working on replacing what we had to remove with legal stuff, and sorting out the credits list so we can come back to the Nexus (they insisted on us having that 100% sorted out, Bethesda is a little more forgiving on that front though).

And yes, what I just posted is the God-honest truth - I'm just one small part of the team working on rebuilding Modern Firearms.

Wait, so idlesheep isn't a thief? I'm confused

SOME of the assets in the 2.1/2.11 version were stolen (the three Barrett rifles - M82, XM500 and 98 Bravo, two of the M14 chassis - EBR and EMR, the DSR-1 and the M2HB HMG), specifically the models were ripped from other games and then re-uploaded to a filesharing site that, unknown to Sheep, is apparently known for that sort of s***. The ripped assets have since been removed, and the clean version re-uploaded on mods.bethesda. We're working on replacing what we had to remove with legal stuff, and sorting out the credits list so we can come back to the Nexus (they insisted on us having that 100% sorted out, Bethesda is a little more forgiving on that front though).

Wait, so idlesheep isn't a thief? I'm confused

I think meant that idlesheep stole the assets from other games and stuffz.

No - the site Sheep used (TF3DM.something, can't remember if it's .com or .net) hosts a bunch of free and paid models, some of which are ripped from other games. Sheep didn't see the note on one of them that said "source - (game name here)" (which, in his defense, is/at least was printed in something like a size 6 font - even on my 20" monitor I had to squint to read it).

Sheep didn't personally steal anything - he just made a mistake and used a free model that turned out to have been uploaded by someone else who ripped it from a different game. Really not that hard to understand.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

No - the site Sheep used (TF3DM.something, can't remember if it's .com or .net) hosts a bunch of free and paid models, some of which are ripped from other games. Sheep didn't see the note on one of them that said "source - (game name here)" (which, in his defense, is/at least was printed in something like a size 6 font - even on my 20" monitor I had to squint to read it).

Sheep didn't personally steal anything - he just made a mistake and used a free model that turned out to have been uploaded by someone else who ripped it from a different game. Really not that hard to understand.

Okay, thank you for giving it to me in layman's terms

I asked cause some folks on youtube were claiming he was a thief

• 4 months later...