Favorites key stopped working?

CaptainChaos

I figured it out in case anyone else has this problem. There are two different keys. One key "favorites" your items (I think it is listed as POV, which I thought would be Point of View but for some reason doubles as favoriting items?). The other key brings up the favorites menu. On the PC, you can also give each favorite a number pad number. It works really well! Although I would still like a mod to do inventory much more PC friendly.

I have the same problem lol. How to fix?

Uh, did you even read his second post? The key in the menu to favorite something is not the same key used to open favorites while running around. Hit ESC on your keyboard and go to Controls if you need to see what key you have set for favorites...

hmm... i changed all my keys so it's hard for me to remember. I think the default is F key to favorite an item and there is another key that brings up the favorite menu. There is also another problem that if you have two items, and you favorite one (say like #1 = iron shield, and you have two iron shields) the favorited #1 will disappear if you change your shield to a spell (or whatever) and they press #1 again. It just won't work. You need to drop one of the shields and re-favorite #1 again (and leave the shield on the ground preferably).

Isn't it nice to start battle and press hotkey to equip weapon and see nothing happens and you get beaten - when game forgets million times per game users hotkeys - one of the things I hate the most in game...

hmm... i changed all my keys so it's hard for me to remember. I think the default is F key to favorite an item and there is another key that brings up the favorite menu. There is also another problem that if you have two items, and you favorite one (say like #1 = iron shield, and you have two iron shields) the favorited #1 will disappear if you change your shield to a spell (or whatever) and they press #1 again. It just won't work. You need to drop one of the shields and re-favorite #1 again (and leave the shield on the ground preferably).

I think you need to favorite the spell, and use a shortcut for that - say, #2= Healing So, press 2, you heal - press 1, Iron Shield.

As for the favorites (F) and favorites list (Q) - From my experience they are best left unchanged.

I oblivion I had mouse 3 mapped to switch between 1st and 3rd person, but that key doubles as favorites in skyrim - and if I change it to mouse 3 then the favorites aren't responding.

Change it back to F and it works. :confused:

As for hotkeys, check out this Youtube video. He has a couple of tips:

3 minutes in, he talks about the hotkeys.

Hope that helps

Edited by ZombieInfected