1D  Argonians and Khajiit Lose Tails no More Script.esp
++  Argonians and Khajiit Lose Tails no More.esp
++  Argonians and Khajiit Lose Tails no More - KD Circlets Loot Only patch.esp
++  OOO132DLTRemover.esp
1E  Arena Invisible Wall Removed.esp
++  Finger of the Mountain Fix-3152.esp
1F  Joinable Riverview.esp  [Version 1.1]
20  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Either Wrye Bash isn't importing the data correctly for the remover, or OOO132RC3Hotfixes.esp (an older file loading later) is superceding the changes. Try disabling the RC3 hotfix. If that doesn't work, prevent Wrye Bash from importing and disabling the DLT Remover, and rebuild your Bashed Patch.

Edit: Oh, wait! I just noticed you have TWO DLT removers! Get rid of OOO132DLTRemover.esp and the RC3 hotfix -- you are using 1.33!

Thank you every so berry pumpkin walrus muffin mutton much. All the obnoxious torch things are gone!

Heh, that's quite a phrase you have there. :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

@kravansh

Thank you, so much, for the tip on how to get rid of that wretched "double face bug" spell in my menu. :) What an immersion-wrecking thing!! I imagine the mod authors have covered the issue somewhere, but there is just an awful lot of literature to wade through on that mod. Your answer came up sooner on a google search.

• 10 months later...

I found myself reinstalling at one point in time, and I found the stupid-ass torch hotkey returning. I just gave up trying at the time, but now it is annoying me so much I'm losing sleep lol. I managed to get the DLT remover to work again, but only for games that had been saved prior to the installation. Starting a new game gave me the same old s#*! over and over again. Is there a console command I can use to cease this hotkey torch item from being constantly re-added every time I drop it?

I found myself reinstalling at one point in time, and I found the stupid-ass torch hotkey returning. I just gave up trying at the time, but now it is annoying me so much I'm losing sleep lol. I managed to get the DLT remover to work again, but only for games that had been saved prior to the installation. Starting a new game gave me the same old s*** over and over again. Is there a console command I can use to cease this hotkey torch item from being constantly re-added every time I drop it?

And have you used BOSS and checked for incorrect plugins again?

I found myself reinstalling at one point in time, and I found the stupid-ass torch hotkey returning. I just gave up trying at the time, but now it is annoying me so much I'm losing sleep lol. I managed to get the DLT remover to work again, but only for games that had been saved prior to the installation. Starting a new game gave me the same old s*** over and over again. Is there a console command I can use to cease this hotkey torch item from being constantly re-added every time I drop it?

And have you used BOSS and checked for incorrect plugins again?

Absolutely! BOSS can be fairly inconsistent with its load order though. And I did manage to find an inconsistency. I was apparently using an assortment of different OOO 1.33 and 1.32 things, so I fixed that up. Unfortunately, it did nothing.

The most interesting thing about this though is that when I installed the drop lit torch remover recently, it removed that annoying item and its script that replaces it on all of my previously-saved games; yet it did not affect any new games that I started. Even more interestingly is that the use torch item remained gone even after loading those saves with the drop lit torch remover uninstalled. None of this makes any sense at all whatsoever.

But anyway, here is my load order, BOSS and all.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.33]
02  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esm
03  Kvatch Rebuilt.esm
**  Essential_Merchants.esp
++  Hermaeus Mora Daedric Quest Fix.esp
04  FathisFix.esp
05  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
06  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
07  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
08  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
09  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.1]
++  USIPS Additional Changes.esp
0A  Living Economy.esp
0B  Living Economy - Items.esp
0C  Cutthroat Merchants.esp
0D  Immersive Travelers.esp
0E  C&C - The Blackwood Company.esp
0F  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
10  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
11  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
12  ElegantVests.esp
13  PortableAltars.esp
14  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.33]
++  OOO-Water_Weeds.esp  [Version 1.33]
15  OOO-No_Guild_Ownership.esp  [Version 1.33]
++  OOO-DLT_Remover.esp  [Version 1.33]
**  C&C - The Blackwood Company - OOO.esp
16  BrotherhoodRenewed.esp  [Version 1.1.1]
17  Cursed_Husband.esp
18  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
19  Whispered Warning.esp
1A  BrumaMGRestored.esp
1B  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
1C  ElsweyrAnequina.esp
1D  KT_KhajEyeToggle.esp
1E  KT_KhajEyeToggleNoEff.esp
1F  Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
20  Lightweight Potions.esp  [Version 1.1]
21  Automatic Timescale.esp  [Version 1.1.1]
++  DBED - 7 murders No level delay.esp  [Version 1.0]
22  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

By the way, would OOO 1.34 affect this in anyway? (Not that it makes a difference if I don't use it.) Maybe I could try using OOO 1.32 instead.

The most interesting thing about this though is that when I installed the drop lit torch remover recently, it removed that annoying item and its script that replaces it on all of my previously-saved games; yet it did not affect any new games that I started. Even more interestingly is that the use torch item remained gone even after loading those saves with the drop lit torch remover uninstalled. None of this makes any sense at all whatsoever.

++ OOO-DLT_Remover.esp [Version 1.33]

1F Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

I am pretty certain (but I wouldn't swear by it) that OOO initialises the DLT in the dungeon of the tutorial. That being so, you are not starting in the tutorial; you have Alternative Start.

By the way, would OOO 1.34 affect this in anyway? (Not that it makes a difference if I don't use it.) Maybe I could try using OOO 1.32 instead.

I don't believe so. I think it's the issue above.

So you're saying that the drop lit torch remover will only come into effect after I leave the tutorial dungeon without using an alternative start mod? Because I've got that in both the alternative and regular start, and it persists out in the world afterward.

It is also worth mentioning that I had actually tried uninstalling the full version, and instead using the lite version with all the add-ons except for drop lit torches. I found myself being spammed with that irritating use torch item.