Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Jochenator:

I installed afterburner now and modified the config like you said but when setting the GPU speed to standart (750MHZ - 3d) and observing it by everest it is still at 600Mhz 2d mode.

I modified these two lines in the config like you can see here:

[ATIADLHAL]

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = 1

UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2

When starting the game it switches between 750 and 600...what do i have to do to keep this fixed at 750?

I created a profiile with my standart settings and loaded this before i start to play but the speed is switching and Skyrim crashed.

Edited by leukozyt

Ok, here's my issue and possible hint:

Until yesterday I was playing Skyrim since the day I bought it (1st day) with NO PROBLEMS at all. I'm running Intel QuadCore 2,50GHz, 2GB DDR3, 32bit win7, ATI HD 5700 graphics. Yesterday I menaged to get some crazy trojan from a friend's USB stick and after few hours of fight decided to give up. Anyways, I formatted windows drive, installed OS from scratch, forgot to backup my Skyrim save files :wallbash:, installed Skyrim - and guess what - windows are clean and work great, BUT I am crashing with BLACK screen or crashing to desktop.

So, the game works like a charm with not a single crash for almost two weeks and now I can't play for longer then 10 minutes. My graphic card is NOT overheating. And that sound FIX done nothing also. I'm 80% sure that the issue is related with the graphic card drivers - but why can I play other games with no problem?! And installation of drivers went smooth. Tried the one from the graphic card CD, tried the one that I downloaded from the ATI driver support page, and even allowed windows to update the drivers and they did. I am tired of uninstalling and installing different drivers... cos all of the sudden NOTHING works.

This is a freakin' mistery. HELP!

I have been watching this post since it began just lurking to try any solutions given. Have tried every one of them, currently still have my video card's fan at 100%. I found this to improve frame rate issues and it seems to have fixed the black screen crash as well for me. Hope it helps anyone else with the problem.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=48

Edited by zenzair

I have been watching this post since it began just lurking to try any solutions given. Have tried every one of them, currently still have my video card's fan at 100%. I found this to improve frame rate issues and it seems to have fixed the black screen crash as well for me. Hope it helps anyone else with the problem.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=48

I've been using that for a couple of weeks - had no effect unfortunately.

Tried the MSI Afterburner thing now, too -- didn't seem to do it for me, though it's hard to verify I was doing it right at all - the program doesn't really give any feedback as to whether it's working properly. At this point I'm just waiting for a patch... crashes and all, I've still racked up nearly 60 hours in this bloody game since its release. I need therapy.

I have the same problem:

..and nothing has fixed.

when the patch comes out?

and patch will solve this problem?

Mods or OP - maybe this vid should be added to the opening post for this thread?

Edited by IanHead

@leukozyt

Well, not sure if this will actually fix your crashes, seems like there is a sea of issues causing so many different crashes.. anyway, this is how it looks in my cfg file.

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2

that's an i, not an 1, and the whole text line with it.

Hope it helps.

My first 40 hours of play the only time I would black screen is when I looked at the map or rode a horse, as I've posted many times before. I've now entered Blackreach and after a few hours of exploring I'm getting it every 5-10 minutes, my game is now unplayable. I tried that afterburner thing that was recently posted and it doesn't work either. Here's hoping the patch fixes this or Bethesda will be giving me a refund >:( Edited by voldoman