Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

I do not know if the Bethesda announced About this crash for the patch.

They're not saying what it'll fix until it's released, though in the email they sent me they implied the issue will be addressed. Take that info with a grain of salt though. All we know is the PS3 patch is fixing a lag issue and the 360 patch is fixing a texture issue.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know if the Bethesda announced About this crash for the patch.

They're not saying what it'll fix until it's released, though in the email they sent me they implied the issue will be addressed. Take that info with a grain of salt though. All we know is the PS3 patch is fixing a lag issue and the 360 patch is fixing a texture issue.

OK thanks for the answer.

I found this on youtube maybe could help (I can not prove it because I uninstalled):

"" Well when I tried to demand my moneys back, they quickly sent me and soulution, but eventhough it shouldn't have been like that from the start. i'll add the soulution below ;)  Run the following installers:

...\Steamapps\common\skyrim\Di­rectX10\dxsetup.exe

...\Steamapps\common\skyrim\Do­tNetFX\dotnetfx35setup.exe

...\Steamapps\common\skyrim\VC­Redist\vcredist_x86.exe

after that, try reboot the computer. That worked for me. Hope it helps :) ""

This is hilarious (and not really fun at all..) so many different total haywire crashes.. the crashes i had were giving me vertical lines/random blackness/crash before forcing me to hard-reboot. I think the monitor-off crash is totally different.

We are getting to a point where everyone dropping in saying "i also got this" should also type in their specs, cpu,gpu,temps and PSU W and possibly drivers so we can categorize and see if everyone got something in common. If the issues are the same etc.

Hardware issues usually do this, shuts it off, software issues can do it too but it's usually ctd or bsod instead then via TDR protocol etc.

Worth noting is also that skyrim is a very cpu intensive game and that temp/drivers/bios is also worth checking, not only gpu.

You guys who have the black, monitor off crash, have you gotten the crashes all the time while playing or did they just occur one random morning?

Personally i played the game for 40h without a crash before it became totally unplayable all of a sudden.

Also, when trying different drivers, always use driver sweeper, especially when going back to older drivers. Sidenote, it's usually better with a bit older drivers if you dont have the latest graphics card, unless there is a specific fix you need in a new one.

C'mon chaps, let's get this rolling.

This is hilarious (and not really fun at all..) so many different total haywire crashes.. the crashes i had were giving me vertical lines/random blackness/crash before forcing me to hard-reboot. I think the monitor-off crash is totally different.

We are getting to a point where everyone dropping in saying "i also got this" should also type in their specs, cpu,gpu,temps and PSU W and possibly drivers so we can categorize and see if everyone got something in common. If the issues are the same etc.

Hardware issues usually do this, shuts it off, software issues can do it too but it's usually ctd or bsod instead then via TDR protocol etc.

Worth noting is also that skyrim is a very cpu intensive game and that temp/drivers/bios is also worth checking, not only gpu.

You guys who have the black, monitor off crash, have you gotten the crashes all the time while playing or did they just occur one random morning?

Personally i played the game for 40h without a crash before it became totally unplayable all of a sudden.

Also, when trying different drivers, always use driver sweeper, especially when going back to older drivers. Sidenote, it's usually better with a bit older drivers if you dont have the latest graphics card, unless there is a specific fix you need in a new one.

C'mon chaps, let's get this rolling.

I played a whole day without crashing, the day after I had my first crash then another after a few hours,now load the game save 3 minutes and crash.

effects: freezing, black screen, reboot (if lucky otherwise forced reboot).

ATI Radeon HD 5700 (updated last drivers with catalyst).

Edited by TaygaGirl

This problem is being brought up more and more on the Bethesda forums, and for most people it happened the same way as mine. Game starts out great, crashes here and there, then progressively gets worse and worse to the point of unplayable. For many it takes 40-60 hours or even more of playtime before the crashes start. How in the hell did Bethesda let this slip through the cracks?

This problem is being brought up more and more on the Bethesda forums, and for most people it happened the same way as mine. Game starts out great, crashes here and there, then progressively gets worse and worse to the point of unplayable. For many it takes 40-60 hours or even more of playtime before the crashes start. How in the hell did Bethesda let this slip through the cracks?

Is probably a problem of Steam, because who have pirated no have problems with crashes. (read in various forums)

I possibly found a solution; it's a long shot, but it worked for me maybe it will for you to.

I have played the game from 11.11.2011. and until yesterday I had not a single crash. From yesterday, the game is unplayable. Black screen crash prevented 10 full minutes of playtime (it starts with the black screen, sometimes it freezes after it, sometimes I would get BSOD, but hardcore restart would be a must for me). So my friend google and I went on a journey. After over 40 pages of random forums, official and unofficial I've noticed a pattern: Looks like most of us played the game ok from the start, then we all got some weird FPS increase based on nothing, and all off the sudden we cannot play the game anymore. I tried sound fix, didn't help. I tried all those .dll mods and graphics tweaking and driver updates and all that sh*t... And finally I tried the solution that worked on games from the 90's - when it's broke simply uninstall it and install it again. For over 2 and a half hours I'm playing with not a single crash. :thumbsup: Now that is weird.

I am also pissed about how the things are rolling and Betty should really do something about it. At 1st my heart almost stopped cos I thought that again I have a hardware problem. It sucks to buy a game and have to reinstall it every 10th day. Patch, you better be worth it.

p.s. BACKUP your saved games!!!

Edited by Mshai

I possibly found a solution; it's a long shot, but it worked for me maybe it will for you to.

I have played the game from 11.11.2011. and until yesterday I had not a single crash. From yesterday, the game is unplayable. Black screen crash prevented 10 full minutes of playtime (it starts with the black screen, sometimes it freezes after it, sometimes I would get BSOD, but hardcore restart would be a must for me). So my friend google and I went on a journey. After over 40 pages of random forums, official and unofficial I've noticed a pattern: Looks like most of us played the game ok from the start, then we all got some weird FPS increase based on nothing, and all off the sudden we cannot play the game anymore. I tried sound fix, didn't help. I tried all those .dll mods and graphics tweaking and driver updates and all that sh*t... And finally I tried the solution that worked on games from the 90's - when it's broke simply uninstall it and install it again. For over 2 and a half hours I'm playing with not a single crash. :thumbsup: Now that is weird.

I am also pissed about how the things are rolling and Betty should really do something about it. At 1st my heart almost stopped cos I thought that again I have a hardware problem. It sucks to buy a game and have to reinstall it every 10th day. Patch, you better be worth it.

p.s. BACKUP your saved games!!!

Lmao. This was actually mentioned. Didn't work.