Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to the my documents -> and deleted Skyrim .ini files, and guess what - after the game created new ones - again I have no black screens and game freezing's. :wallbash: I wouldn't say a single word if I didn't try that step 10x and nothing happened. There are some major instability issues with the PC version of the game.

Well, at least we know why the mod tools are late. Hopefully, though, the patch will come first.

That is old news, they said it was possible but sony and microsoft don´t allow it.Anyway my game works fine from day one, the only problems I had were after steam removed TESV.exe, luckily I have a backup copy of that file and been playing the game with some crashes and texture bugs, after I removed better textures mods game worked without problems.Before steam removed TESV.exe I used better textures mods and the game had no problems at all after they removed the TESV file problems appeared.I blame steam cause all as working well before they messed up with my data folder.

Edited by scot

Gave up trying to play the game after the 100th CTD :(

C'mon Bethesda, patch!

what the hell are you mocking me/us? i wish i had ctds then i could at least play without rebooting my pc every 10min!!

Edited by rando3

Just found these release notes from Bethesda:

"The latest update for Skyrim is rolling out on PlayStation 3. Our ETA for PC and 360 is Wednesday

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

•Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

•Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

•Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

•Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

•Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead

•Dragon corpses now clean up properly

•Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

•Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

•Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

•Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

•Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

•Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

•ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)

•Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)

•General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience."

Now this really doesn't address our issues at all now does it? There was only one mention of fixing a crash, but that was crashing upon start-up. I'm sure like a lot of you, my crashes happen anywhere from 2 mins to 20 mins AFTER start-up. It's funny how it goes on to say "we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting.."