Werewolf power toggle on/off

mc54iznit

Ala Ring of Hircine.

Ring of Hircine? Where could I get this and what exactly does that ring?

I don't want to spoil anything in the forum yet, but I was referring to it because during the quest you have a chance to randomly turn into a werewolf. Then after the quest it gives the bonus of allowing you to turn twice a day.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so bummed @ no Werewolves in Oblivion... I followed the forums extensively and followed all the mods (for better or worse) that people tried to make everything from the decent (Underworld Werewolf suit) to the (Anime furry wierdo hello kitty mods lol no offense) but no one ever got it right...

I kept requesting that someone just try to impement the same werewolf mesh and animations from morrowind and script it with higher rez textures, and add a little quest or something of that nature...

But Bethesda really made up for it... The werewolves are almost perfect in Skyrim.

I think a toggle would be awesome... (perhaps a ring or something)

The big thing I think that would help is:

A: Being able to feed on other creatures, like Deer, Foxes, Whatever, Forest critters and any fleshy monsters...

(Maybe not get as much of a boost as you do from humans, but deer meat is just as good right?)

B: And then being able to Transform back before the times up... (including an animation) I don't know if you guys noticed but there is a super cool animation for when you transform, but not one for when you turn human again, it just blips and your human again. (Weak sauce) The reason I say it would be cool to toggle it back + animation - before your time is up is because I have had to use beast form a couple times to survive certain quests / dungeon areas, but then i'm stuck waiting around for 2 minutes to change back... (yeah I used my once a day power) but I don't want my followers to know i'm a were wolf and have them posted around the corner or whatever, or the next part I can't do in wolf form, or need spells or need to heal whatever... you see what I mean?

But yeah some of the ideas here are great.

Oh and I'f you wouldn't mind doing one more mod involving werewolves, I would love one where you can tell the imperials/stormcloaks to bugger off or not care that your a werewolf when taking a fort, I so wanted to run in there and slaughter everybody but those wa Kees on my side kept attacking me

Oh and I'f you wouldn't mind doing one more mod involving werewolves, I would love one where you can tell the imperials/stormcloaks to bugger off or not care that your a werewolf when taking a fort, I so wanted to run in there and slaughter everybody but those wa Kees on my side kept attacking me

I notice that your companion does not attack you if you turn into a werewolf....unlike my wife. It could probably be done, but I am not a fan of the idea. Werewolfs should be seen as vile creatures that must be purged. If you have a whole faction decide to ignore your "condition" it really throws away the whole "nobody can know I am a werewolf" when an entire army knows about it.

I will look into it though when I get ahold of the creation kit. Most likely I can just add a script into the part where you join a faction to change that faction to be friendly with werewolves.

The Ring of Hircine provides similar functionality (unlimited shifts per day).

I mentioned something along those lines in an idea thread of mine, but it went beyond that, including a way to actually do something worthwhile with the Companions.

I see a lot of these ideas to expand factions. The problem is that if you further the quest line you will have no voice acting for those parts. So it goes from a full beth questline to a modded part where everyone talks in text. Not a bad idea by far, but I do not support non-voiced quest mods. Ruins my precious immersion.

Edited by LithianLord

I can already see the potential for something big here like creating four types of Lupine theriomorph.

* The werewolf (as a technical term) is just a human who can transform into a normal wolf at will - they undergo no mental changes (and thus must learn how to live like a wolf), have no linkage to the moon, and gain no special invulnerabilities. It is a learned ability, somewhat like becoming a wizard who knows only one spell, but knows that one really well. There are also wolves that can take human form in the same way, and with the same limitations. The latter are technically termed wolfweres.

* The hexenwulf ("witch-wolf") uses an enchanted belt of wolfskin to transform at will into a dire wolf. The magic is generally tied to darker, sometimes demonic, forces and causes the hexenwulf to gradually fall deeper and deeper into savagery in both their wolf and human forms.

* Lycanthropes are people whose minds become wolf-like at full moons, and who gain increased strength and healing at the same time, but physically remain human. They are related to Viking berserkers.

* A Loup-Garou is a human subject to a powerful hereditary curse. Under the full moon, he transforms into a demonic man-wolf with enormous speed and strength, as well as immunity to injury by virtually any source except inherited silver. The demon takes over all control during this time, with the human personality completely submerged. There is no known cure and the only spells capable of perfectly restraining them is similar to what one would need to contain an archangel.

Brilliant!

This kind of creativity is why TES + modders rule. Bring on the Creation Kit!

Not really creativity, someone just read the Dresden Files.

I can already see the potential for something big here like creating four types of Lupine theriomorph.

* The werewolf (as a technical term) is just a human who can transform into a normal wolf at will - they undergo no mental changes (and thus must learn how to live like a wolf), have no linkage to the moon, and gain no special invulnerabilities. It is a learned ability, somewhat like becoming a wizard who knows only one spell, but knows that one really well. There are also wolves that can take human form in the same way, and with the same limitations. The latter are technically termed wolfweres.

* The hexenwulf ("witch-wolf") uses an enchanted belt of wolfskin to transform at will into a dire wolf. The magic is generally tied to darker, sometimes demonic, forces and causes the hexenwulf to gradually fall deeper and deeper into savagery in both their wolf and human forms.

* Lycanthropes are people whose minds become wolf-like at full moons, and who gain increased strength and healing at the same time, but physically remain human. They are related to Viking berserkers.

* A Loup-Garou is a human subject to a powerful hereditary curse. Under the full moon, he transforms into a demonic man-wolf with enormous speed and strength, as well as immunity to injury by virtually any source except inherited silver. The demon takes over all control during this time, with the human personality completely submerged. There is no known cure and the only spells capable of perfectly restraining them is similar to what one would need to contain an archangel.

Brilliant!

This kind of creativity is why TES + modders rule. Bring on the Creation Kit!

Not really creativity, someone just read the Dresden Files.

Thank you! I was hoping somebody would notice that. good to meet another fan.

Hmmm, considering the whole Werewolf thing, any chance we might get a first-person optional perspective? Could it be done without severe issues once the modding tools come out?

Hmm never tried anything like that before. I would need to look at the script. Probably could make it first-person, but the animations would probably look wonky.

Hmmm, considering the whole Werewolf thing, any chance we might get a first-person optional perspective? Could it be done without severe issues once the modding tools come out?

Hmm never tried anything like that before. I would need to look at the script. Probably could make it first-person, but the animations would probably look wonky.

Then feel free to disregard my suggestion entirely if the animations couldn't be worked in. Otherwise, this thread is superb so far. Those were just my two cents.