Werewolf power toggle on/off

mc54iznit

Cant wait! I just did a mission as a wolf, I don't want to spoil anything. It was so epic tho I just wish my guy could use some objects and pick up keys so my power wouldn't be wasted going... Oh j wish I could go on further but I can't pick up a goddamned key!

Oh and the fact I'm naked when I finish transforming and having to re-equip everything every single time!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be back into modding for Skyrim. The second I can use a creator kit ill be trying to release wanted mods before we have 1000 nude mods filling the site.

The reason you should care is that I play extensively as a werewolf and I agree that it is too limiting. The official game guide states that outside of a few dungeon puzzles you can play as a werewolf the entire game if you wanted. I call rubbish on that. So I will be releasing a mod in two parts for this issue that should please you all. The first is going to be a very basic on/off system. I'm going to change it so that you can simply use the power as many times a day as you want without the bloodlust time-limit. The second is going to be more involved with my own personal preferences. I want to have a system where you can change as many times a day as you want, but with a more complex bloodlust system.

Now we don't have the creation kit so I am unable to check exactly how they have the system. What I wish is that you can stay in werewolf form as long as you like, but if you don't feed your stats diminish. I would like to see bloodlust as a "Rage" system more than a "kill everything as fast as possible" system. That way you can hunt with wolves in the wild or whatever, run across the map with the insane speed a werewolf has, but if you don't feed over a period of time you will slowly lose either buffs or attack bonuses.

Tell me what you think. Either way I'm going to make the first the day the creation kit comes out, so hold on. That one will be easy.

Also I will probably make more werewolf-friendly mods. Because oh man I love this system.

I'm more a vampire player but that made my mouth water. Can't wait for the Construction Set to come out.

I like the support. The day the construction set comes out I am 99% sure I can upload a mod that changes it from a power to a spell so it can be cast any amount through the day, unless they changed the creation kit in some radical way. After playing as a werewolf for ten levels now here are some ideas:

-Werewolf form is as powerful as it should get. I can take on dungeons my regular form cannot with feeding and the stun-lock ability.

-I don't just want to scale damage. It would be lame to be a giant werewolf doing less damage than your sword because you haven't killed in a while. Damage will still be scaled, but on a smaller decline.

-What I really want to add is more active powers. I liked in oblivion how vampires lost powers and abilities from not feeding for a while. What I don't want is to make werewolfs play exactly like vampires. I though about this and morrowind werewolfs needing to feed like vampires, but I want a completely different playstyle than "I can go out in sun".

-Therefore I want to change the way werewolfs work in just combat. I want my "rage" system to act as more of a combat multiplier. For example: say you feed on three people and then you get a "X2 critical hit" till bloodlust wears off. Then feed on 2 more and get a "10% chance to paralyze". These are all hypothetical.

That way the combat of a werewolf works out like:

Bloodlust 0: Normal swing attacks -> Bloodlust 1: Chance to deal critical damage -> Bloodlust 2: You can now use the fear ability -> Bloodlust 3: 10% chance to paralyze

Goes away after 2:30 minutes of not feeding or changing back to your regular form.

Post active abilities you would like to see or ideas for this.

My big problem now is I want to make a toggle system just so I can loot a room and move on killing.

Edited by LithianLord

Personally I like the idea that I can't loot as a werewolf -IMO its not meant to be a creature with personality to consider such things. I do like the idea of revisiting the locations as a human, like the scene of a crime, to collect the loots.

Anyway, heres an idea...

How about after a kill, you gain a high combat health regeneration and strength boost, which would decline over time until you kill again.

When you first transform, you would start with high strength/regen, but it would decline until you killed.

This is quite similar to an oblivion mod I played and worked well.

EDIT: just reread your previous post and realise this is what you already suggest, oops!

Edited by NiKtheALiEN

Yeah, Basically out of everything that needs to be done, The toggle would be the most challenging as its set in stone to ware off over time, With time in mind it would be ideal to use that to your advantage, Set a spell to set timer to 0 to disable the werewolf form, But to keep the form active until you see fit is as simple as just adding a few zeros at the end of the timer, (" Thats just me making it simple, But if you wanted to overhaul it then it would be challenging,") As for abilities, Howl? you could use the same howl you hear when you press your ability button in werewolf form, Using Howl makes all enemy flee for a short time, Then for other abilities, the usual.... speed, strength, high jumping, ect ect, if you pull this off, it could be file of the month!

So did I unserstand it correctly? There is no other way without mods to stay in werewolf form, without the need to kill many people?

I would love if it was possible to turn into a werewolf every night, that would be cool actually, like the real curse. Since in Skyrim I always

see the full Moon somehow it would match if the character would turn into the beast every night, maybe also without toggle it user directed.

Well for some people it would be better maybe, if you could control the turning, but I would love the other version also :-)

Yeah, Basically out of everything that needs to be done, The toggle would be the most challenging as its set in stone to ware off over time, With time in mind it would be ideal to use that to your advantage, Set a spell to set timer to 0 to disable the werewolf form, But to keep the form active until you see fit is as simple as just adding a few zeros at the end of the timer, (" Thats just me making it simple, But if you wanted to overhaul it then it would be challenging,") As for abilities, Howl? you could use the same howl you hear when you press your ability button in werewolf form, Using Howl makes all enemy flee for a short time, Then for other abilities, the usual.... speed, strength, high jumping, ect ect, if you pull this off, it could be file of the month!

Lithianlord? Have a file of the month? Now there is a long dream I have had.

I also don't see the problem with a toggle. I wouldn't use the regular power functions as they would be using the time limit and have the problems you detailed. I could easily make a spell using the quest effect when you turn into a werewolf for the first time. I am not sure exactly how they did that, but to my knowledge that beast form does not wear off. Who knows? With no creation kit I am just guessing how everything works.

Update: I want to somehow make a function where if you haven't feed for X days, you have a chance to turn randomly into a werewolf. Ala Ring of Hircine.

Also I will be making more totems at some point. Like I said - I am going to focus on werewolf mods.

Edited by LithianLord

I can already see the potential for something big here like creating four types of Lupine theriomorph.

* The werewolf (as a technical term) is just a human who can transform into a normal wolf at will - they undergo no mental changes (and thus must learn how to live like a wolf), have no linkage to the moon, and gain no special invulnerabilities. It is a learned ability, somewhat like becoming a wizard who knows only one spell, but knows that one really well. There are also wolves that can take human form in the same way, and with the same limitations. The latter are technically termed wolfweres.

* The hexenwulf ("witch-wolf") uses an enchanted belt of wolfskin to transform at will into a dire wolf. The magic is generally tied to darker, sometimes demonic, forces and causes the hexenwulf to gradually fall deeper and deeper into savagery in both their wolf and human forms.

* Lycanthropes are people whose minds become wolf-like at full moons, and who gain increased strength and healing at the same time, but physically remain human. They are related to Viking berserkers.

* A Loup-Garou is a human subject to a powerful hereditary curse. Under the full moon, he transforms into a demonic man-wolf with enormous speed and strength, as well as immunity to injury by virtually any source except inherited silver. The demon takes over all control during this time, with the human personality completely submerged. There is no known cure and the only spells capable of perfectly restraining them is similar to what one would need to contain an archangel.

I can already see the potential for something big here like creating four types of Lupine theriomorph.

* The werewolf (as a technical term) is just a human who can transform into a normal wolf at will - they undergo no mental changes (and thus must learn how to live like a wolf), have no linkage to the moon, and gain no special invulnerabilities. It is a learned ability, somewhat like becoming a wizard who knows only one spell, but knows that one really well. There are also wolves that can take human form in the same way, and with the same limitations. The latter are technically termed wolfweres.

* The hexenwulf ("witch-wolf") uses an enchanted belt of wolfskin to transform at will into a dire wolf. The magic is generally tied to darker, sometimes demonic, forces and causes the hexenwulf to gradually fall deeper and deeper into savagery in both their wolf and human forms.

* Lycanthropes are people whose minds become wolf-like at full moons, and who gain increased strength and healing at the same time, but physically remain human. They are related to Viking berserkers.

* A Loup-Garou is a human subject to a powerful hereditary curse. Under the full moon, he transforms into a demonic man-wolf with enormous speed and strength, as well as immunity to injury by virtually any source except inherited silver. The demon takes over all control during this time, with the human personality completely submerged. There is no known cure and the only spells capable of perfectly restraining them is similar to what one would need to contain an archangel.

Brilliant!

This kind of creativity is why TES + modders rule. Bring on the Creation Kit!