Ugly characters

Karandhas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great characters!

@Karandhas

He reminds me a bit of an actor i saw a long time in one movie, but cant remember the name hehe.

@DZ302

I really like your character and the pic...you choosed a nice scene to take the screenshot....also good job on the character...she defenatly looks like she can handle herself in combat but still remains female soft feel.

Im so far impressed...though i can guess since most of the faces looks similiar the base for all human races is probably the same with a few tweaks.

Dang i cant wait to get my hands on that game :wallbash:

Bethesda never does quite figure out this chargen stuff, same thing with animations. I played around with the chargen for a good 2+ hours just to see what they had changed, first thing I thought was 'Thank god they removed the sliders!' The second was; 'I kinda want them back.' For example, you can choose from a number of nose bridge sizes, shapes, tip width etc. However, they are usually neither here nor there. You almost just want to adjust it 'A Tick or two to the left.' In a way those sliders made no sense whatsoever, as changing the cheekbones width also fiddled with the nose/sellion/forehead ratios and so on, but I think they should've made some independent sliders for some parts of the face.

At least this time all faces uses different templates by default, or at least different variations of those same templates for; human races, elves, orcs, beasts... They also have different texture maps, which all have more or less wrinkles in them.

In the end it's still better than previous facegens in Oblivon or Fallout 3 and I think Bethesda have done a good job this time, and beast races have never looked this good! :D

Posting mine:

Edited by icomc

http://i.imgur.com/bIWm4.jpg

I think my Nord looks pretty good!

Yes she sure does! Her lips are nice from the side too!

@Icomc I like your Nord too, I like that hairstyle I have to say!

@Pavy, I couldnt manage to make her eyes less dark, you cant make the eyeliner go away but there is a slider for 'eyeliner colour' However most of the colours appeared very dark to me. Kind of strange to me that eyeliner is a forced choice. Oh and the lip colours arent great imo either.

The sting and disappointment of the CC has worn off a bit now since I have been playing. It great to be back in a big rpg game again after such a long spell without many games!

Oh and Karandas your guy looks pretty good, no eyeliner for the blokes then! Lucky!!

Edited by tracysilva