Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

I speculate that player.pa 3b4e3 translates directly into player -> play animation no. 242915.

Indeed, and the fact that the console states that the player is not flying confirms that it is only an animation with some speed differences.

What amazes me the most is that Beth already adjusted the directional animations to fit with the mouse as well as pre-defined flight paths.

That is exactly what I found to be most astonishing about the find. Perhaps Bethesda will mysteriously help us again at some point.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at what people did with Skyrim for Game Jam, and it is quite interesting what can be made in Skyrim. Things like seasonal foliage, new weapons and attacks, and that sort of stuff. Of course its just experiments, but it is hinted that these things would be released either as DLC or freebies.

Now then...if they can do that within a week, including ridable dragons, then that means we can just as easily bring in playable dragons. Sides, its just like making ridable dragons, minus the rider. Just saying, its a possibility.

Ok, I've finally had success with flying by Vaktus' instructions; I was apparently not staying in first person long enough after doing the PA command, and I also was using the now-unnecessary "setplayeraidriven 1" command, which I think was messing it up.

Also, if anyone here didn't know yet, a new version of Jackalhead's Monster Camera Fix is out here on Nexus which enables the playable creatures, including dragons, to attack. For some reason, however, the attacks don't cause any damage. Jackalhead says he's working on a new version which fixes that problem. The mod also adds new races of dragons, such as frost, elder, ancient, etc. that you can transform into with the console.

I also made my own small .esp which changes the control mappings for the dragon's attacks, as Jackalhead's mod doesn't allow all of the attacks to be used. It's available here. If you just want to play as dragons, you could use my .esp instead of Jackalhead's, but you'd still need the fixed meshes. I also increased the turning speed of the dragons; I have a gaming mouse where I can just press a button to increase the sensitivity, but for people who don't have a mouse like that, I imagine it's pretty hard to win fights because of how slow the dragon turns.

I just skimmed through these more recent posts and all of this information is incredible! I'll have some much needed free time in about 3 weeks to delve into the Creation Kit myself. Based on the information that's been presented, I'm amazed as well at just how much attention to detail these developers have given to the Dragons. :happy: Edited by Aedred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*BUMP*

We Need Dragons Curse to have this Camera Angle...Found a Sujjection in a Youtube video...

To get the max camera distance, simply open your "Skyrim.ini" located in C:\Users\YOUR PC NAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and paste the following into the bottom:

[Camera]

fVanityModeMaxDist=6000.0000

fVanityModeMinDist=100.0000

fMouseWheelZoomMinDelta=0.0050

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=0.8000

fMouseWheelZoomIncrement=0.01

fMinCurrentZoom=0.001

^^ Might want to add this to dragons Curse... (has tried the mod Its awsome...)) all it needs is a Move Left and Right Key...

And a free Camra Movement like in MMOs... Even in combat... Im not a fan of the... Draw your sword and your locked camra angles...

Edited by Bazinix