Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

Hey, I'm the maker of that video...I haven't tried those INI values that you posted, but if you were wondering, here are the values that I use to get it. Actually, if you don't always play as a dragon, you can just use these console commands to re-position the camera each time you transform, and they go back to normal when you exit the game.

setini "fOverShoulderPosX:camera" 0
setini "fOverShoulderCombatPosX:camera" 0
setini "fOverShoulderPosZ:camera" -500
setini "fOverShoulderCombatPosZ:camera" -500
setini "fMinCurrentZoom:camera" 3

What I've done is saved those as a batch file, d.txt (in the Skyrim directory), and then I can just type "bat d" in the console and have the camera be re-positioned (once I enter and exit combat mode). I also made another batch file with the default values for transforming back to normal without having to reload the game:

setini "fOverShoulderPosX:camera" 30
setini "fOverShoulderPosZ:camera" -10
setini "fOverShoulderCombatPosZ:camera" 20
setini "fMinCurrentZoom:camera" -0.2

So yes, it would be great to have this functionality implemented into The Dragon's Curse, or any other playing as a dragon mod. I posted a comment on The Dragon's Curse on Steam about it, or something like it. It would probably be easy enough for a mod to automatically use the first set of commands upon transforming into a dragon (then automatically enter and exit combat to make the changes). The second set could be used by the mod upon the player using the "transform back to normal" power. The mods normally edit the skeleton.nif file to sort of fix the camera, but I've tried repositioning it with that file and it's always in the same place above the dragon no matter what I do, so it would be good for a mod to use these commands.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm the maker of that video...I haven't tried those INI values that you posted, but if you were wondering, here are the values that I use to get it. Actually, if you don't always play as a dragon, you can just use these console commands to re-position the camera each time you transform, and they go back to normal when you exit the game.

setini "fOverShoulderPosX:camera" 0
setini "fOverShoulderPosZ:camera" -500
setini "fOverShoulderCombatPosZ:camera" -500
setini "fMinCurrentZoom:camera" 3

What I've done is saved those as a batch file, d.txt (in the Skyrim directory), and then I can just type "bat d" in the console and have the camera be re-positioned (once I enter and exit combat mode). I also made another batch file with the default values for transforming back to normal without having to reload the game:

setini "fOverShoulderPosX:camera" 30
setini "fOverShoulderPosZ:camera" -10
setini "fOverShoulderCombatPosZ:camera" 20
setini "fMinCurrentZoom:camera" -0.2

So yes, it would be great to have this functionality implemented into The Dragon's Curse, or any other playing as a dragon mod. I posted a comment on The Dragon's Curse on Steam about it, or something like it. It would probably be easy enough for a mod to automatically use the first set of commands upon transforming into a dragon (then automatically enter and exit combat to make the changes). The second set could be used by the mod upon the player using the "transform back to normal" power. The mods normally edit the skeleton.nif file to sort of fix the camera, but I've tried repositioning it with that file and it's always in the same place above the dragon no matter what I do, so it would be good for a mod to use these commands.

ask the maker of dragons curse to put these in. and a free cam. move with keys and cam with mouse...

and make the dragon ancient dragon in skin.

Edited by Bazinix

Id Recamend Useing Pathranax Ancient Dragon Or the red Dragon For the Flight.. i noticed that Path has every flight animation XD but he wont move. i just tested this out 2 seconds ago.. and he is a prime target for the dragon curse model.. wish i took a screen shot.. but... he has hover too... but he just wont fly XD as in move around in the sky all you are is frozen.. Look into it.. its better then the flight animations your currently are at XD also.. a bug.. when ever im useing firebreath i look above the dragon Ifreeze... and have to restart my computer to get back in.

Path: Can Fly 80% of the time and he can Use Shouts in the Air.

Ill add more to this later... i have to go to the doctors now.

Btw....

BUMP

I just had an idea: using player.setscale 0.25 to make myself small enough to fit into dungeons as a dragon. Unfortunately, there were some issues. I still had the same collision as a full-sized dragon, for one thing, and besides that, when I went into a dungeon in third person, the camera was above all the dungeon's objects/walls/ceiling and there were only candle flames visible. First person in the dungeon worked okay. Am I the only one who has tried this? Does someone know how to fix these issues? I thought that when I saved and reloaded after the setscale, the collision had fixed itself, but it still wasn't right. I was thinking that if these problems could be solved, shrinking yourself to one-fourth size would be a cool and useful shout to have in some mod for those who don't want to transform back into humanoid form.

• 3 weeks later...
there is only one game that I can think of that let you play as a dragon, it is/was an MMO called Horizon and I tried it and it was cool how you went from dragonling to a full grown dragon. Anyways I like the idea and attaching a whole quest line to it is not a bad idea. I also like the idea that you can transform into a dragon as well like transforming into a werewolf, I too am a fan of dragons and wish games let you play as them more often. If this does get started I wish those luck with the project.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm not sure how old this topic is, but I had some commentary. XD After playing with the "Playable Flyring Dragon mod" released I think needing to make all the equipment is just...annoying. XD :/ It would very nice if someone could infact make a /new/ race. Somthing like the argonians, but more animalistic I think in shape like the warewolf transfermations. :/ Obviously that would be highly difficult though... XD I dunno, I wasn't overly happy with it, and now my lighting is acting up. XD Gunna have to fix that...

• 6 months later...

The Oblivion Nexus has anthro dragon races on it that worked fine. One even had flight.

Why is it that no one is really working on stuff like this in Skyrim? The game has been out over a year and barely any work on new beast races is around..

The Oblivion Nexus has anthro dragon races on it that worked fine. One even had flight.

Why is it that no one is really working on stuff like this in Skyrim? The game has been out over a year and barely any work on new beast races is around..

that would be because it took so long for the CK to come out. and I think people are waiting for the Geko for this game