Resurrection taken off Nexus?

PJChattyman

A lot of you may have heard about or even downloaded the mod: Reurrection. Which turns the wasteland into an overgrown jungle. If you've ever played The Last Of Us it tries to re-create that.

I check upon the mod daily to see if an update has been released and this morning it comes up with "The file you requested was not found in our database" Does anyone know if it was taken down or the author removed it?

First it was the guy that did Modern Weapon mod, now this?

Two big mods down the drain.

This mod was amazing but too bad it was all stolen asset...a shame. Although I hated the big trees and ambient sound.

Unfortunately it is easier to steal assets for a mod than either get permission from the owner. (Usually the owner is either the original author or the assets are from another game) or create the assets yourself. Most game companies don't even reply to requests to use their assets in a free mod. There are exceptions though. Most mod authors will give permission if asked. Again there will be exceptions.

I hope mods realize they are punishing tens of thousands of users and not just one person. Would be much better for everyone other than power-tripping mods if they had just worked it out instead of using totalitarian methods especially when this isn't even paid content ffs.

SirOtis would it be better if another game company sued NexusMods and we lost our community completely because a single mod was allowed to stay up despite it containing stolen assets? Should the moderators just chill and cross their fingers that the author publishes an amended version ASAP? Or shouldn't the author just obey the rules and publish a legitimate works to begin with?

• 3 weeks later...