Very Loooong loading screens

joost53

Hello,

Just bought this game and been playing for several hours now and i'm experiencing very long loading screens. (i can go pee, make a drink and light a smoke while loading) for example :P.

Is it some configuration that might fix this or is my laptop that bad? (acer 8930G)

also i just cleaned my entire pc with a fresh W7 on it.

Anyone had this and found a solution? or does everyone have this?

I have exceptionally long loads too. When going from indoors to outdoors, it takes 2 full minutes or longer. When going outdoors to indoors it takes 30 seconds. I have noticed that if I go from outside to inside and then go straight back outside, he load is under 5 seconds. This would indicate that it caches the last location from which you transitioned, but once make anew transition, you loose everything before that and have to completely reload it. I have a pretty smoking machine thatI built just for this and BF3 (which it plays flawlessly).

FWIW, I also experience the TERRIBLE mouse issues as well. I end up using a gamepad cause the KM are worthless. I did the ini fix which turns off the Vsync but then screen tearing is so bad it isnt worth it.

3.2 Ghz i5 2500k

GTX 560 Ti

8 GB RAM

Sounds like a serious caching problem. Allthough im not sure if the laptop is up to spec.

You might want to consider reinstalling the game AFTER you update all your hardware drivers and defrag your HD's just to make sure. If that does not help it is mostly the game messing something up.

Also: use one of the preset video options in Skyrim (low,medium,high or ultra) do not fiddle to with individual settings so long as youve got problems, this gave me crashes and weird problems :s

I have a comparable setup:

2.8Ghz i7 920

GTX 560 TI (285.62 drivers)

12 GB RAM

Its installed on a rather cheap 7200rpm Samsung HD.

running everything on Ultra here, but no problems what so ever. All my load times are all well under 10 seconds, most under 5 as well. Sometimes a bit of stutter in crowded interiors.

Yea could be my laptop because it's not the newest anymore. i fixed the mouse issue though; set mouse sensitivity to highest, invertY and xbox controller off. now i can look up and down more easy.

i also noticed what tranceline said, i have the longest loading screens when i'm going out of a city and into skyrim but when i'm going from inside a house to outside and vica versa it loads within seconds.

Edited by joost53