Maxing Out Graphics

wormywyrm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I'm trying to run the game on Ultra but I have considerable lag when I do, here are my specs:

Win 7 64bit

8GB Ram

Intel Core i7 2620M @ 2.70 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

1920x1080 display

Can anyone help me as to why I'm having lag or a way to optimize my graphics without sacrificing performance?

I'm on a laptop, if that makes any difference. I've only had it for a month.

try to disable AA, AF and go down one on the res settings hope that helps for ya

Running on ULTRA (1920x1080) with some INI tweaks to make it look a little better.

Alienware M18X

i7 2720QM

8GB DDR 3 1600MHz

Dual 2GB AMD Radeon 6970s overclocked

Game runs flawlessly but I'm looking forward to some texture mods.

Admitting to buying an Alienware on a PC-Centric forum is considered blasphemous.

;)

Hmmm... I'm trying to run the game on Ultra but I have considerable lag when I do, here are my specs:

Win 7 64bit

8GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

1920x1080 display

Can anyone help me as to why I'm having lag or a way to optimize my graphics without sacrificing performance?

try to disable AA, AF and go down one on the res settings hope that helps for ya

I did that and it helped.... somewhat. But there is considerable audio lag and my cursor is VERY slow... it lags so badly I can barely select things in menus. I haven't even been able to get past the character creation screen.

Win 7 64bit

8GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

1920x1080 display

I did that and it helped.... somewhat. But there is considerable audio lag and my cursor is VERY slow... it lags so badly I can barely select things in menus. I haven't even been able to get past the character creation screen.

This shows some fixs there is one for mouse lag http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1256595-consolidated-potential-fix-thread-co-authordesi/

you can try going down one more res setting the less of a res you got the more fps you get.Maybe make sure your nvidia software is not forcing settings just let the game do it, other then that if that don't help im afraid you may have to turn some graphical settings down a bit.

Intel i5 2500k @ 3.6 GHz

AMD HD Radeon 6870 DirectCU

8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM @ 1600 MHz

I'm running 1920x1080, everything maxed except AA (at 2x) and get 45+ FPS constantly. Putting AA to 4x or 8x drops me down to ~30 FPS, but it still looks pretty good. For anyone looking to squeeze a little more eye candy out of the game before the CS is released, check out the EGC - Enhanced Graphics Center "mod", it helps quite a bit.

Make sure you run it with the GPU. I know that sounds stupid but when I first downloaded it I had to go on low because I was using my i7 processor like a GPU. Then I switched to my NIVIDIA GT 550 and I can play with all setting max, with little to no frame rate issues!