ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim is Very Disappointing, A Major Let-Down.

David Brasher

They stopped making new CPUs in the socket my computer uses, back in 2006 (when it was superseded by AM2). I have 3GB RAM, an nVidia GeForce 9600 GSO video card with 768MB VRAM. My computer does not meet the recommended requirements for this game. And it looks and runs better than Oblivion does with my current settings.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@David: Hey, if I remember right I used some of your Oblivion mods, good stuff. Anyway, the reason why I post here is that I'm surprised to see how harsh you judge Skyrim just becouse your PC can't run it properly. There where many people back when Oblivion was released that had the same opinion about it as you have about Skyrim, for the same reasons. Well, I bet that most of them enjoyed the game once they had a PC capable of running it. Only my good intentions stand as a witness in my cause. I'm not trying to convince you that Skyrim is better than Oblivion, I'm just saying that you should at least give it a chance before you spit on it(I could not find better words to say this). As a Morrowind player, Oblivion gave me more than a few headaches before I finaly got it to work properly on my old rig. I only managed to get the best of it a couple of months ago when I bought a new PC wich could handle all the new mods and graphic changes(that's more than 3 years later). Anyway, my friendly suggestion to you is to have some patience, enjo Oblivion or any other games that your PC can run without problems and things will get better in time.

Cheers and beers,

Pushkatu :thumbsup:

PS: I might not get back to this thread ever again(I forget or lose track of it), but I trust you'll see my point and treat it as a friendly advice and nothing more.

PS: I'm not a native English speaker, so forgive me if some things sound odd.

Love both Skyrim and Oblivion but cant talk crap because it just came and the mod tools etc arent out. i have a HP pavilion dv6 from like 2008? ( good luck fixing it so it can play on this machine with out slide showing and freezing.) i cant run the game at super high graphics its more like Oblivion on the Xbox 360 but bit crappy. after play i am so use to it the graphics don't bug me. If you really love the game you make sacrifices to play if you don't have a home made $2,000+ computer. :ninja:

Plz people stop complaining after a few months and mods come out it gets better and things get fixed by then you have money for upgrades by saving or not idk.

That's... odd

I'm also playing on a HP Pavillion dv6, and it's on high, running like a dream...

It isn't from 2008, though :P

I can run the game on medium settings on a computer that is almost three years old. No lag, no CTDs. It looks good enough even compared to other games (I'm used to running FNV on Ultra).

If you're looking for a game that is really hard on systems then you should look at The Witcher 2. I was really excited about it but there is no way it will run on my rig. So IMHO in comparison Skyrim isn't that greedy.

Seriously? I'm running a 2.4 quad core with 4 gigs of ram and 2 130$ hd5750s on almost ultra settings just fine, my rig was piecemealed together for just under 750bucks clearly you sir are a troll. Do not buy this game for anything other than PC I have been running the game almost non stop for 3 days and have no issues what so ever.

You clearly define how wonderful your new shiny, ultra, PC copes with Skyrim. I also imagine you have a glorious, brand new, shiny 7.2 litre, coupe on your driveway!

People on this thread are maybe not as rich as you, maybe not able to buy or most likely to borrow their way into debt as you are! You are missing the point of this thread completely! The point is a game that costs $25, is a game that costs $800 to run it enjoyably. I feel like I am wasting my time on dead wood, but I am being as polite as possible.

Edited by Zapata935

The console version probably runs better NOW. Just wait abit for something like OSR to come for Skyrim, along with new patches, etc etc and I'm sure it'll be fine. I knew this would happen; people getting the game straight from release then getting disappointed of how buggy it is, the lack of quality mods etc. It's why I decided to wait and stick with Oblivion for now. :) Here's a funny imagine of my WoW arena buddy: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/815/skyyyrim.jpg[/img] Read the chat. xD

Skyrim is there when I'm bored to be played in small intervals. Nothing more for me, that's just my personal take on the game. I don't find much enjoyment and have a somewhat small list of pet peeves with the game. Unfortunately in this day and age I expect improved versions of well done or already implemented RPG features.

Aye, but there is very little roleplaying in Oblivion aswell. Imo they did a much better job with it in Morrowind; offering lots of different ways to finish quests and rewarding breaking off the course, etc. If there is one thing I disliked about Oblivion, it's how linear everything is. All the guild storylines, the main storyline - pretty much everything - wont ever let you sidestep. Even if you're an evil assassin you still have to help the goody-two-shoes characters, because most of the time there's no other option, or at least, no point in trying out that other option. But Oblivion, as a whole, is a much better game than Morrowind was, imo, and I hope Skyrim is even better. :)