How do you install mods for a STEAM game?

Vindekarr

Ok... I am having the same problem not getting Mods to work with / steam version. I am not new to adding mods. (Played Daggerfall / Morrowind / Oblivion Until my eyes bled and modded the hell out of them.... :) )

I DL'd "Nude Females by Thepal" I went to Steam/Apps/Common/Skyrim/Datafiles etc... put the new "Textures" folder in, checked it, it's all there, then tried launching the game both with "Load loose files" checked and unchecked... nothing. It isn't picking up the Textures. Mod doesn't work.

I have also noticed that every time I run the game if I go to Data Under the launcher, "Load loose files" is unchecked even if I just checked it and ran Skyrim.

So what gives? Any advice? I know the texture files are in the right directory tree etc. ????

Ok... I am having the same problem not getting Mods to work with / steam version. I am not new to adding mods. (Played Daggerfall / Morrowind / Oblivion Until my eyes bled and modded the hell out of them.... :) )

I DL'd "Nude Females by Thepal" I went to Steam/Apps/Common/Skyrim/Datafiles etc... put the new "Textures" folder in, checked it, it's all there, then tried launching the game both with "Load loose files" checked and unchecked... nothing. It isn't picking up the Textures. Mod doesn't work.

I have also noticed that every time I run the game if I go to Data Under the launcher, "Load loose files" is unchecked even if I just checked it and ran Skyrim.

So what gives? Any advice? I know the texture files are in the right directory tree etc. ????

this is exactly what im talking about. and every copy of morowind or oblivion iv owned had folders not .bsa files, maybe the bsa was in the corresponding sub folders but here there are no fken sub folders. creating them isnt working either

Ok so I DL'd the other Nude Body Mod... and put the textures / meshes folder in...

C:/Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim/Data

Directory should then look like:

C:/Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim/Data/ (Textures) (Meshes) whatever added their...

It works like it's supposed to, just put the files in the directory tree, and then check the .esp's in the launcher, and check the "Loose Files" box in the launcher.

I don't know why the other mod didn't work, but the second one works fine... so... yeah

Just like the other's guys said it's the same as oblivion and morrowind, except you gotta find the Data files folder deep in the steam bulls*** directory :)

Edited by W3REW0LF

Where are you guys finding the face and nose replacer mods? I'd like to look at their structures. Please link or let us know where they can be found. NM Found em in Skyrim nexus, Thanks Edited by zappa45

I'm having a problem that the .Esp files that I have copied to the /data folder are not showing up in the launcher under data files, only Skyrim.esm. I've modded obvlion Fo FoNV the same way but for some reason skyrim wont recognize that i've added the files to the data folder

Yea, same thing here. But my "Data files" on the launcher is gray and I cant click it.