More Atmospheric Dragon Attacks

TheRealBrit

Huh, last time a dragon attacked was in Dawnstar. Just got the quest for the Dawn Tower thing, so walking with priest telling me about the Tower. While the Dragon attacks, he continues unbothered other than a weapon drawn. Further along the path you have a scripted conversation between a townsperson and an ex-imperial, chatting, weapons not drawn, unbothered by the fire raining down on their necks. Shoulda you-tubed it.

Not sure how to fix it, perhaps a suspension of scripted stuff while a dragon is in the air? Panic and stress among townsfolk taking cover?

Odd. For me, when a dragon attacked a town, the first thing that alerted me to it's presence was a guard shouting "DRAGON!!!", then "Everyone get inside!!" followed by all the soldiers running onto the wall facing the dragon's direction and getting out their bows. One of them saying "Nords never back down! If we die today it will be for Sovngarde!". All this while the women and children were screaming and running into their houses.

Then played the epic Skyrim theme throughout the battle.

When the dragon was finally slain, all of the villagers and soldiers gathered around the corpse to see it up close. And of course, got a massive shock from the whole soul-devouring routine.

I found it quite atmospheric to say the least.

Odd. For me, when a dragon attacked a town, the first thing that alerted me to it's presence was a guard shouting "DRAGON!!!", then "Everyone get inside!!" followed by all the soldiers running onto the wall facing the dragon's direction and getting out their bows. One of them saying "Nords never back down! If we die today it will be for Sovngarde!". All this while the women and children were screaming and running into their houses.

When the dragon was finally slain, all of the villagers and soldiers gathered around the corpse to see it up close. And of course, got a massive shock from the whole soul-devouring routine.

This. I've had dragons attack two towns so far and this happened both times. Maybe the alert range just needs increased? Horns sounding would be awesome too

I've not had a dragon in or near a town yet, closest I've got to that is some poor hunter getting chomped by one. Although, I think that adding bells or horns to towns would be a nice little addition

Ah, should have specified. Yes, the shouting, draw weapons thing happens for me too, but... if you visit a town you have not been at before and there is a scripted conversation you are supposed to overhear this does NOT get interrupted by the dragon attack, which breaks immersion again.

The non-scripted actions seem to respond well, its just the scripted ones that don't.