Shivering Isles - recommended level?

NocturneNight

Greetings, about to start a new character to play through Shivering Ilses with, but also to finish up some quests (Mainly the Faction quests) that I never got around to on my last character. So I'm wondering, is there any specific level recommended for adventuring in Shivering Isles? If I want a challenging experience, should I head out there immediatly, or wait abit until I've finished the factions?

I don't think there's a recommended level for Shivering Isles. You can go there and do everything at level 1. But maybe try to level up your character to level 20 or 30 playing at harder difficulty might also help to make things more challenging. :ermm:

You can play Shivering Isles at any level, but there are spells and supplies you can't really get in the Shivering Isles. You may need to either get them before you go there, or else leave the Shivering Isles now and then on shopping trips. Things you can't get very well in the Shivering Isles:

Light spells, torches, light enchanted items.

Night eye spells, night-eye enchanted items.

Magicka efficient healing spells.

Efficient destruction spells.

Good weapons and armor that aren't of the six types unique to the Shivering Isles.

Low magicka cost illusion spells so you can gain a high enough skill-level at Illusion to beat one of the side-quests.

Spellmaking Altars.

Alters of Enchanting.

So I guess my answer would be that mid-level or high-level characters do better in the Shivering Isles unless they are well equipped, willing to do without things, or willing to go back to Tamriel to go shopping.

Edited by David Brasher

Thanks for the replies, lads. It would seem the best option would be to go there with a midlevel char ~level 20 and have access to the Arcane University etc. I don't see any problem with travelling back and forth between Tamriel and SI, though, and will most likely be doing that. Thanks again. :)