Your Own Faction

apixaez

this is a great idea maby custom loadouts able to alter your mens inventory able to ally smaller factions like vipers scorpions and jackels and able to go to war with the larger ones

• 3 weeks later...
Oh how ive always loved expanding on the factions aspect. I am all for this idea. Maybe somehow ranks could be incorporated and implemented usefully in this mod. (granted i heard the rank system is broke in NV D: ) In a post apocalyptic California, one of the most populated states in America (that didnt get killed off completely) youd think there would be more factions and more people. And personally i think this mod is quite feasable if we got enough scripters and modders in on it. There would be many variables and no doubt hard but well worth it. With other mods such as wasteland defence and the settler mod, (which if implemented correctly and with permission could be very useful in this idea) along with some custom npcs could be epic. My own personal wants that i want to see, is more npc in the wild. you could incorporate these factions (or your faction) etc to wander the wastes or "variabley" spawn when you enter a cell. as mentioned before "town invasions" etc. banners that you can make or choose would be nice. for example.. ( -_- cod black ops emblem designer, but more simplified) and make flags and such. add options to restore areas or to destroy them. Have ranked members in your faction. soldiers and higher ranks, be able to send them to places of intrest, defend, patrol, etc. customize their gear. it could go more in depth if you got into harcore mode, (having to feed and nourish, arm them etc. to maintain their life, this would also give you a sense of responsibility and something to do(possibley a very good endgame mod) factions need dogs :) .. and make it so there is special scenarios or events that occur in certain situations. for example when your men are outnumber by Xenemies then they surrendur and are "pow's" and you have to either free them or lose your followers or some kind of penalty. anyways those are just ideas i had to write down before i forgot them so im done with my rant :) but YES i agree 100% this mod would be epic and when i can get a computer to start modding i would most certainly want to help with this mod idea :P

I 14th this. This sounds like an amazing mod and the ability to integrate the dlcs is also great. And I also agree that it should not require dlc but is an optional thing. The ability to use the literally 100s of weapons I have saved (Don't judge my collecting habits!) over an entire army would be awesome to do.

The ability to use the literally 100s of weapons I have saved (Don't judge my collecting habits!) over an entire army would be awesome to do.

totally.. ive collected so many weapons over time its ridiculous. And im just playing vanilla version! even if i could hand them off to small groups of guys all over the place to use thatd be nice too.. that way i dont have to arm an immediate army :) but yes. so many weapons requires a faction you could give them too ..i really hope someone implements this...i give kudos to OP for the idea

The ability to use the literally 100s of weapons I have saved (Don't judge my collecting habits!) over an entire army would be awesome to do.

totally.. ive collected so many weapons over time its ridiculous. And im just playing vanilla version! even if i could hand them off to small groups of guys all over the place to use thatd be nice too.. that way i dont have to arm an immediate army :) but yes. so many weapons requires a faction you could give them too ..i really hope someone implements this...i give kudos to OP for the idea

As long as they don't make the guards extremely weak like in wasteland defense or at least make an option for how powerful they are this would be amazing. T-51b power armor with a tri-beam laser rifle to every person! It is the ultimate army!!!!! *maniacl laugh*

I've always been really inspired by the ending screens from Old World Blues, implying the Courier eventually used the Big MT's technology to either be a savior of the wasteland, or its conqueror. I'd like to see that actually be made possible in some way. Think RobCo Certified, but with the Sink as the 'factory.' When I saw the ending for OWB, I imagined the Courier cackling maniacally as an army of Roboscorpions, Lobotomites, and Holograms steamrolled Caesar's Legion and the NCR. Of course, don't rip off of this mod, but I see it as the same basic idea.

I'd be willing to throw my support as a half-baked modder behind anyone who does something like this.

• 1 month later...

I've always been really inspired by the ending screens from Old World Blues, implying the Courier eventually used the Big MT's technology to either be a savior of the wasteland, or its conqueror. I'd like to see that actually be made possible in some way. Think RobCo Certified, but with the Sink as the 'factory.' When I saw the ending for OWB, I imagined the Courier cackling maniacally as an army of Roboscorpions, Lobotomites, and Holograms steamrolled Caesar's Legion and the NCR. Of course, don't rip off of this mod, but I see it as the same basic idea.

That was my vision as well especially as I was going for Independent Vegas with the Courier in charge that playthrough *chuckles*.

• 4 months later...
Though theo ne thign that has to be done to avoid it beocming another Wasteland Defense or RTS is to have it focused more on story rather then purely gameplay it has to ahve backgorund and some dagree of solidity to it