Request: Realistic hunting mod

LordFisher

I was hoping for a survival skill to base this off of. While playing I've already found bear traps (same as the ones for FO). I'm sure there are other similar traps. As for the snares I could probably find something that looks close enough, and use it for the visuals.

I could collaborate on this, as I will likely include it in my larger project, This won't be immediate though - after the release of the CK we'll see how far it gets. I'm primarily a scripter and from my experience with NV this is certainly feasible.

Let me give it a few days when the CK is released and I'll PM you with what I've got.

I was hoping for a survival skill to base this off of. While playing I've already found bear traps (same as the ones for FO). I'm sure there are other similar traps. As for the snares I could probably find something that looks close enough, and use it for the visuals.

I could collaborate on this, as I will likely include it in my larger project, This won't be immediate though - after the release of the CK we'll see how far it gets. I'm primarily a scripter and from my experience with NV this is certainly feasible.

Let me give it a few days when the CK is released and I'll PM you with what I've got.

Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Stalking? Explain lol

Having to sneak up, and even track prey for a while, to line up a perfect shot yada yada yada.

I had sort of planned out a possible trapping mod, similar to hunting. I was hoping for some sort of survival skill to base it off of, but the idea was simple.

You need to buy the traps (or craft it), there are variations of the trap (bear trap, rabbit snare, wolf snare, etc). It was going to be simple, place the trap and each day that goes by there is a small percentage based on your 'survival' skill that you've captured an animal. It would be quite simple to spawn a dead animal near the trap. I would also use map-markers to keep the locations.

If there's any interest in this I may try to do when the CK releases, otherwise I have another (larger) project planned . :thumbsup:

If the animal was as large as a bear, it wouldn't be killed. Perhaps leave it wounded so that we can also gain skill with other weapons when finishing it off.

Stalking? Explain lol

Having to sneak up, and even track prey for a while, to line up a perfect shot yada yada yada.

Oh yeah of course, You will need to have a pretty good sneak skill level to hunt pray effectively, I'll even be using the 3d sound to help you find what direction they are in, For example, You wil have a dear horn to make a mating sound, If there is a dear close, it will reply hence you hear what direction it came from. Just an idea but i will make it reality.

This project wont be out the day the CT is released, it takes time as i go into detail with my quest mods, Stuff that are essential for me to do before i ever release them are voice acting and lip sync, Everything else is a piece of cake! :happy:

Edited by British89

Stalking? Explain lol

Oh yeah of course, You will need to have a pretty good sneak skill level to hunt pray effectively, I'll even be using the 3d sound to help you find what direction they are in, For example, You wil have a dear horn to make a mating sound, If there is a dear close, it will reply hence you hear what direction it came from. Just an idea but i will make it reality.

This project wont be out the day the CT is released, it takes time as i go into detail with my quest mods, Stuff that are essential for me to do before i ever release them are voice acting and lip sync, Everything else is a piece of cake! :happy:

That sounds truly awesome. Please, message me when it is made in the future!! :D

just signed up to request this exact mod, gad there's already a thread for it. not only would this be useful for hunting animals and whatnot, it would also help immensely in dungeons as a stealth/range character. especially areas where you know you're about to trigger some enemies to attack you.

send me a message as well if this ever ends up getting made!

I was just about to make a thread about traps. You guys planning to create ones able to be carried around and set up by player character, right? Im interested in having them for hunting but also for hunting my enemies and bigger game. Troll hunter ftw! I'd love to see ideas and discussion focused on the trap aspect of realistic hunting :) Edited by Kairo29