Where are high res PC textures bethesda promised to release?

Omeletter

Seriously... I'm on ultra and my Fallout 3 looks like Crysis compared to Skyrim... I can't stand this stuff anymore, bethesda promised to release a high res PC texture pack. Maybe my Steam doesn't update Skyrim, or is it a separate download?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously... I'm on ultra and my Fallout 3 looks like Crysis compared to Skyrim... I can't stand this stuff anymore, bethesda promised to release a high res PC texture pack. Maybe my Steam doesn't update Skyrim, or is it a separate download?

I'm sorry but, you can't be serious?

Skyrim is by far the best looking Bethesda game to date, and while some of the textures are low-res, they were in Fallout 3 as well.

I'm sorry but, you can't be serious?

Skyrim is by far the best looking Bethesda game to date, and while some of the textures are low-res, they were in Fallout 3 as well.

You don't understand the point.

Bethesda promised something that they didn't deliver and the OP is (rightfully) upset about it.

I'm also disappointed in terms of the graphics. I mean, yeah the DX9 textures look okay, but I got a 2500k and a 2gb video card that i'm dying to max out lol.

OP: Give it time, if Bethesda doesn't release a high res texture pack, the modding community will.

At no point do either of those articles state that the PC will be getting a texture pack.

All they've said is that the PC version will have higher-res textures than the console versions, which it does.

The OP has nothing to be angry about.

I cant provide screenshots now (away from computer), but the first I ran Skyrim on medium to see how it would run, I then put it up to Ultra and 8 antialisiasing, also some simple ini tweaks.... no textures improved at all. Even if bethesda didnt promise a texture pack, they promised to "melt my face off". Which they didn't. I have to admit, people, weapons, and small items look amazing, but that's probably all...

Snow doesn't have anything to make it look like snow, its just a plain white texture for me. Sure, remembering Crysis' snow, I didn't expect it to be near Crysis, but I didn't expect it to look like paint either.

Large trees, especially the ones with Mushrooms on them, like ones around Riverwood, look like morrowind's trees from around Seyda Neen marshlands, with around the same quality textures. I noticed that when I was trying to collect mushrooms off them.

However, on the positive note I only found 1 floating rock near alchemists shack, rather than 100 of Oblivion like out of place forest glitches. Gameplay wise this is a great game too.

My game looks gorgeous. I"m only running an Intel dual core with 8 gig RAM and Radeon HD 6870. Not bad, but not high-end. And the game is gorgeous on Ultra...with no stutter! I did experience a little hesitation while panning, so turned two settings down to High and it is fine.

BTW, I think those trolls are too darn hard. I have to run away from them. Love the creatures bursting up out of coffins. Scares the bejesus out of me.

Edited by AbleGnome