Jarl of Solitude

DrunkMiffy

• 3 weeks later...

no, it makes perfect sense, after Ulfric killed the High King, his wife stepped up and took his place.

Except his two sentences are contradictory- he first says there is no Jarl, and then he says there is one. Also, she took his place as Jarl of solitude but not as High Ruler of Skyrim.

Edit: To answer the question, you must go to the Jarl in the Blue Palace and do her misc. quest, Elisif's Tribute where you take her late husbands war-horn to a shrine of Talos. In order to gain access to that quest you have to do The Man Who Cried Wolf quest first (you can get that one from Falk Firebeard).

Edited by brettwong

the second one was right. there definitely is a jarl. Jarl Elisef the Fair is legally recognised as ruler of solitude. but NOT yet recognised as the high queen of all skyrim.

It's not really clear what power, if any, the high monarch actually holds. Seeing as the jarls are mostly autonomous and the cyrodilic emperor holds final say over skyrim. IOf course with ulfric in charge, that would change. But if jarl elisef takes the throne, it seems like her role will be pretty much ceremonial and little else/

Yes, Elisef is the Jarl, which is hereditary. High king/Queen is not hereditary and requires the Jarls to decide at moot.

You need to do quests for both her and her steward.

I would agree that the Office of High King does not, in itself, have power over the other Jarls. The strength, honor, and reputation of

the jarl that held the office is what would hold sway over the other jarls. The Nords respect strength. Naturally, the jarl they elect

would fit that description. I'm not really a role player, but I might say that Ulfric would be High King, if he won the war. On the other hand, now that the line of high kings is broken,

it is doubtful that the jarls would elect Elisef without significant gerrymandering (replace stormcloak jarls with yes-men.)

Wow. I accidentally phrased my answer wrong and all of a sudden its hateville?

Fine.

High King Torygg was killed by Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak.

His wife, Elisif the fair, instead of becoming High Queen of Skyrim, became the Jarl of Solitude.

Happy?