Anyone ignoring skyrim?

Kiyasumeni

87 members have voted

1. 1. Continuing to play Oblivion?

• Yes
    • No

i am playing oblivion with almost every graphics setting to rock bottom, or near rock bottom.

there is no way my computer will be able to handle skyrim

besides, oblivion has a very wide and generic "fantasy" feel, in a way morrowind also had for me. skyrim seems too "viking" and dragon oriented, and personally i dont find it very appealing. i also suspect the whole dragon-twist is nothing but a sellout to naggy fans wanting dragons present in the games (as opposed to simply being an extinct element of game lore)

i am dissapoint :I

ever tried oldblivion ?

its designed to squeeze acceptable performance out of ancient hardware i once managed to run oblivion with it on a p3 1000 mhz with a geforce 6200

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirdly: I cannot buy it on PC. I am too ideologically opposed to Steam, or any other medium that essentially takes over control and/or access to my own property that I paid for.

at least i am not the only one who dislikes steam

i have nv on the pc and only found out it needs steam until later thus i never installed or played it on the pc

instead i got it on the ps 3

ill need a lot of convincing to buy skyrim on the pc

yet a tes game with out mods which isall it will be on the ps 3 doesnt feel right either

talk about a rock and a hard place

haha come on ppl, you really not gonna stop playing oblivion? Skyrim is by far more fun more beautifull graphic wise even without the texture mods EVERYTHING in it is awesome. If you dont wanna play then dont play but dont go into whining comparing Skyrim with Oblivion cause you cant make 2 of the exact games but only make it more pretty...nope.....you need to feel different things meet different ppl more choices etc...there is so many things in Skyrim that makes me forget alllllllll about Oblivion. Morrowind was the very first awesome TES for me and oblivion sucked compared to its prequel. With Skyrim its different Skyrim is superior and above Oblivion.

Graphics wise its really awesome to look at, no more misformed mutated faces like in Oblivion but really realistic races all together, its awesome but new laptops buy new pc's Dont say farewell to Oblivion just say "Cya later ppl" And come live in Skyrim for awhile you wont regret it!

I sort of agree with theinsane666. But a lot depends on the PC you are playing on, mine dose a basic Skyrim or fully modded Oblivion. I wouldn't want to say which looks better at the same resolution.

Hey its a new toy so it is bound to be flavour of the week for a while. But I suspect Skyrim will not be a permanent home for many for a year or 2 just because of the available content at this time.

Just finished up the main quest-line for Skyrim (which is something I didn't ever do for Daggerfall, Morrowind, or Oblivion - always got too "distracted"). I still have a trillion of sidequests to do, and other skills/character builds to play with, but guess what I proceeded to do afterwards? Rebuilding my Oblivion install...

I really don't think it is an "either/or" type thing (banning of course lacking of hardware to run it). I got the rush of playing Skyrim, but without the hoard of mods to play with yet, I don't want to burn myself out beforehand - so back to Cyrodiil I go until the mod scene picks up for Skyrim.

Ok so Oblivion might have more quests in them but dont forget its a game thats around for years so they have put in a lot of stuff in those years, I must disagree with "dont know wich have better graphics oblivion or Skyrim" Cause Skyrim looks way lot better. People who are playing Oblivion for years are addicted to the game then no other and I understand that, But most of them are talking down skyrim because of that and thats just ridiculous only because some "dont have good pc's" Well if you cant play Oblovion with normal graphics you dont only have a bad pc you just have a piece of crap from the year 1942 haha.

And everyone can aim for the main quest only so dont start with "I had no distraction thats why I finished the main quest" I myself started the game and before I came to the very first village I was distracted right away with stuff around me I just had to explore, Then finaly after hours of play I came to the first village Riverwood had indeed only 4 quests there but it only has a few ppl in the first village so its normal and rp and beautifull, Anyways I went to do 1 of the 4 side quests and 15 minutes later I had 20 quests more! So there is a lot of distaction as long as you let it, You went playing with oh blegh and bah about Skyrim cause Oblivion is your baby for years. Well pls ppl stop playing oldblivion and start with the newrim and for thjose who say I cant play without mods in Skyrim, well you just...erm....you just suck (sry for my word choice). Oblivion is an awesome old game and Skyrim is an awesome new game and they actualy both didnt need any mods in the first place, in the end I can understand but the game is out 2 days and ppl are crying and whining we need mods.

Now im off back to the realm of Skyrim cause some awesome looking dragons are searching for me ARRRRGRGGgggghhhhhhh...........

Ok so Oblivion might have more quests in them but dont forget its a game thats around for years so they have put in a lot of stuff in those years,

Discounting expansions, Oblivion has more genuine quests (by which I mean, something a little more involved than walking down the street to hand a forged note to someone's lover) than Skyrim. This isn't a criticism of what Skyrim has to offer, but a statement of fact. And for that matter, Morrowind had more than either, in part because it also featured three conflicting "Houses" that represented different cultural interests.

I fully expect Skyrim to be heavily modded in a year or two with lengthy new quest systems, which will render the issue moot. But for now, them's the facts.

But most of them are talking down skyrim because of that and thats just ridiculous only because some "dont have good pc's" Well if you cant play Oblovion with normal graphics you dont only have a bad pc you just have a piece of crap from the year 1942 haha...

Which would be even more amusing if they actually had PCs back in 1942. Most complaints I've read about Skyrim have nothing to do with Oblivion graphical superiority, and everything to do with 1) the UI, 2) the forced leveling, 3) the lack of spellmaking, or 4) a cultural sameness that translates into visual sameness. Some other concerns (dumbing down alchemy, lack of weapons variety, etc) have also been expressed, but Oblivion having better graphics...? I suspect this is being taken out of context.

Oblivion is an awesome old game and Skyrim is an awesome new game and they actualy both didnt need any mods in the first place...

If they didn't, it's surprising that there are literally over 20000 Oblivion mods, and dozens being created daily for Skyrim even before its CS comes out. By which I mean there's a real perception among quite a lot of the players that there are either problems with a given game that need to be fixed, or ways in which it can be generally improved. Neither game is perfect, and given that both have large audiences, it only stands to reason that large market segments of each audience would want a game that played different--or better--than the vanilla version.

That said, I was under the impression that this was a thread for people who are ignoring Skyrim to express this, and give their reasons why. So to keep on subject, why are you ignoring Skyrim? :)

Ok I'm ignoring skyrim because I always ignore new software until after the first (or maybe second) service pack is released and if I have to get skyrim from steam, then I'll never get it.

Another vote for ignoring Skyrim for now. It looks like that's far in the lead (big surprise considering this is the Oblivion forum :))

Anywho, I played Morrowind a long time ago on the Xbox. I was always interested in Oblivion, but just recently got a PC good enough to play it, and grabbed it on the most recent Steam sale..... which leads me to why I'll be waiting. I just started Oblivion and have a ton of ground to cover. At the moment, I feel like I won't need to buy another game for a long time. By the time I'm ready, Skyrim should be up for some big discounts on Steam and have a healthy collection of patches & mods.