Can't Get Deadly Reflex to Work

Destruction12345

If you want the creator of the mod, SkyCaptain, to help you, I would suggest posting in the official thread either on Nexus or Bethesda forums, as he may well be able to help you. Also, make sure you read the readme that came with the mod, it is informative and easy to follow, and sounds like it should solve the problems you are having.

Good luck,

Cris.

EDIT:

Some answers:

You do not have to be a certain level to use elemental damage, you have to deal a certain amount of damage with a spell, and not one over an amount of time, it must be instantaneous, otherwise the script is unable to run.

You can change the chance of decapitations and other aspects of the mod in the setup menu, through using the hourglass that has been mentioned.

To use horse combat you have to press the key that you assigned to it through the setup menu, it has to be told to happen. However, mounted spell casting should work regardless, if I remember correctly.

Shield bash is also assigned to a key that you pressed in the setup menu, so if the "pushing back" you described happens automatically, it probably isn't it.

Once again, if you read the readme and follow its advice, it should work with no problems.

How high is your Destruction ability.

get it high, cast a fireball, and you should get it.

Although it's hard for me to receive as well.

And in case you are getting nothing, here is the proper load order, if you were not aware.

Oblivion.esm

[ALL OTHER ESM´s YOU HAVE]

HorseCombatMaster.esm

[ALL ESP´S FROM OTHER MODS - REALLY, *ALL*]

[ONE of the "Timed block esp´s, IF you want to use any]

Mounted Spellcasting.esp

Deadly Reflex - Combat Moves.esp

Sure.

The ESM is loaded first. For example, Oblivion.esm , OOO.esm and such. These are master files.

ESP files are plug-ins, meaning that they are not required to launch the game, therefore can be moved.

When it asks you what to sort by, select 'Load Order'.

I tested myself. I un-installed the game and tried using just the ESM and Deadly Moves. For some reason, it wouldn;t work. But when i used one of the Timed Block esps, it worked.

Make sure that if you use an ESP from this download other then Deadly Reflexes, that it is directly above Deadly Reflexes, meaning that there is no other ESP separating them..

Now go into your Oblivion folder, by default, it would be located in Program Files/Bethesda Works.

You should see 'obse_loader.exe' Righ-click and select 'create shortcut' and place that on the desktop.

double click the desktop icon, not the Oblivion launcher, but the one that says 'shortcut to obse_loader.exe'

Tell us if that works.

• 3 years later...