Marriage Mod (Request)

Elof Valantor

Marriage is a bit... boring. At the moment all you do is put an amulet on, tell someone you like them and have a wedding. Then you pick a house and nothing else happens. I'd like to see:

Courting: a date and/or some sort of quest to prove you're capable of providing for your spouse. Not too much because in Skyrim this sort of thing happens quickly.

Wedding: invite friends (Jarls etc if you know them well enough), spouses friends. Proper wedding garments. Possibily a honeymoon.

Life: spouse should do their own thing just like you do (adventuring/shop keeping/travelling, whatever). Should be able to take them out to the local pub or whatever. Have some quests relating to the marriage.

Family: sex (who doesn't like sex?). Pregnancy/adoption (same sex can conceive thanks to expensive magic...). Babies, kids, eventually to a son/daughter you can train/adventure with. Bit like in Red Dead Redemption.

Death: if/when spouse or kids die PC/other family should react accordingly. Funerals.

The marriage/family shouldn't get in the way of adventuring. Would need to be flexible. No one wants to walk back across the map because the wife needs you to get fresh milk before the baby dies...

As for potential spouses from what I've seen you can't get any of the adventuring types (but I could be wrong). I had my eye on one of the women from the companions for example. Would be nice to have more options. I am wrong :rolleyes:

Did I miss anything? When you think about it a marriage mod could be potentially huge...

Edited by Elof Valantor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic