Adding a custom menu to the construction system.

Rebsy

I know this can be done, but I can't seem to do it. I want to add one menu, named Greebles, under the Decorations category. So, to do this, I've created a custom keyword named WorkshopRecipeFilterDecor02Greebles. To my knowledge, this should create a new subcategory in the construction menus, named Greebles, under Decorations. Then, I stuck a few constructables in the category.

This new Greebles category does not appear in the constructables category. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Rebsy

You need to make a new formlist, then plop a keyword in it for the image, then the next keyword for your menu, then run a script to 'inject' it instead of putting your keyword directly into the menu which will cause all sorts of compat issues.

Create a quest, create a refalias, put a script on said ref alias

formlist property menuformlist auto const

formlist property mymenuformlist auto const

event onaliasinit()

menuformlist.addform(mymenuformlist)

endevent

That's all ya get form me cause you probably aren't going to understand it and ask for more help :P SOMEONE ELSE TAKE THE PLATE!

I really need to start learning to script; having it inject the menu in post game launch would avoid all compatibility issues, wouldn't it? Certainly is a nifty and smart way to think about it. Without knowing scripting, I am stuck doing it like a caveman so to speak....

I really need to start learning to script; having it inject the menu in post game launch would avoid all compatibility issues, wouldn't it? Certainly is a nifty and smart way to think about it. Without knowing scripting, I am stuck doing it like a caveman so to speak....

It is, but plenty people seem to have issue due to some beth game bugs.

Hmm. In that case...would it be a good/bad/awful idea to make it Settlement Keywords Expanded compliant, and just use those menus? :3

Most likely.

@DDP what do you need that alias for? The quest script has a OnQuestInit event ;-)

Because ReferenceAlias has the OnPlayerLoadGame event (quest does not). Plus ReferenceAlias gets events from any actors they point at. You may never need any of that stuff but if your picking an object for the sake of simply binding a script a ReferenceAlias has the most potential to grow. The advice to use a quest alias from DDP is good.

Edit: My mistake, OnPlayerLoadGame is an Actor event which is received by a ReferenceAlias.