Finishing moves, the first big flaw of Skyrim (?)

Aventinus

Well, I do magic most of the time, but when I get a weapon and when I get the move... It usually doesn't hit the dying thing. More like something close to it, but never had anything like they showed in those videos before release :P

Edit: But surely wouldn't call it First *cough* or big flaw. Just acts kinda random.

Edited by elvinkun

I've had and seen some cool finishers, and personally, have no issue with them. Personally, I hate the INFREQUENCY of them..

Maybe your computers are screwing them up, or you're just seriously fussy over it. I dunno. But they look and work just find for me.

I've had and seen some cool finishers, and personally, have no issue with them. Personally, I hate the INFREQUENCY of them..

Maybe your computers are screwing them up, or you're just seriously fussy over it. I dunno. But they look and work just find for me.

Technicall question. How exactly my computer screws the sometimes weird cam (Like in really small corridor in dungeon) or the fact that the finisher sometimes doesnt hit the target. That's coded in the game. Not much to do with your computer.

Either way I don't find it to be very bad, just not the "Epic cinematics" I expected from the vids.

Edited by elvinkun

Technicall question. How exactly my computer screws the sometimes weird cam (Like in really small corridor in dungeon) or the fact that the finisher sometimes doesnt hit the target. That's coded in the game. Not much to do with your computer.

Personally, I don't believe a single one of my finishers have been off target. Maybe I haven't noticed it, but I don't think I'd miss a flaw like that. The cam, yes. That is weird. I won't argue there.

Personally, I don't believe a single one of my finishers have been off target. Maybe I haven't noticed it, but I don't think I'd miss a flaw like that. The cam, yes. That is weird. I won't argue there.

Well, do you play 3rd or 1st person combat? I think all in 1st hit, while in 3rd it seems like they are a bit off quite often.

Well, do you play 3rd or 1st person combat? I think all in 1st hit, while in 3rd it seems like they are a bit off quite often.

That may be where the issue is, then. I play in first person for combat, and third for... most other things. However, there are still some third person executions that happen while you are in first person, and all of those are perfectly accurate. I think the issue with the first person kills in third person is the fact that they put much more work into the first person perspective and not the third.