Finishing moves, the first big flaw of Skyrim (?)

Aventinus

mine all work fine, and i love them- when they stay in first person. I HATE it when it'll pull the camera out to third person for them, in the middle of a fight. It's annoying- i choose to play first person, i don't want to play an immersive rpg and them suddenly have the camera prance around like it's some kind of ye olde style Matrix. third person werewolves and horse-riding annoys me too- that said, i can live with it. Hopefully someone will mod it so it only shows finisher moves for the camera mode you're in at the time.

I've had and seen some cool finishers, and personally, have no issue with them. Personally, I hate the INFREQUENCY of them..

Maybe your computers are screwing them up, or you're just seriously fussy over it. I dunno. But they look and work just find for me.

everything looks better in the pre-release videos. That's how developers get gamers excited.

Like them for the most part. A couple of times, I thought the bad guy got me and it turned out the other way. And then there was the one or two times a bad guy actually got a finishing maneuver on me. The T-Rex grab 'n' thrash finisher.

Today, I was traveling with Lydia when we were attacked by one of those stupid spiders. We both executed the same maneuver at the same time on the thing. It was very funny.

mine all work fine, and i love them- when they stay in first person. I HATE it when it'll pull the camera out to third person for them, in the middle of a fight. It's annoying- i choose to play first person, i don't want to play an immersive rpg and them suddenly have the camera prance around like it's some kind of ye olde style Matrix. third person werewolves and horse-riding annoys me too- that said, i can live with it. Hopefully someone will mod it so it only shows finisher moves for the camera mode you're in at the time.

It just seems so random. I stealth killed a guy 10 times (quickloading and repeating again), and I got 8 3rd person views and 2 first person views of the same throat-slitting move. So if it's animated in both views, why not just stay in the same view I'm currently in? It makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Technicall question. How exactly my computer screws the sometimes weird cam (Like in really small corridor in dungeon) or the fact that the finisher sometimes doesnt hit the target. That's coded in the game. Not much to do with your computer.

Personally, I don't believe a single one of my finishers have been off target. Maybe I haven't noticed it, but I don't think I'd miss a flaw like that. The cam, yes. That is weird. I won't argue there.

Well, do you play 3rd or 1st person combat? I think all in 1st hit, while in 3rd it seems like they are a bit off quite often.

That may be where the issue is, then. I play in first person for combat, and third for... most other things. However, there are still some third person executions that happen while you are in first person, and all of those are perfectly accurate. I think the issue with the first person kills in third person is the fact that they put much more work into the first person perspective and not the third.

I know right? It's almost like they want their games are meant to be in first person. Derp.

Totally agree, I'm playing whole time in first person and i really really like finisher in first person, they have so nice feeling. But in other hand I really hate when game choose show them in 3rd person view. Sooo amnoying, and i really hope that there will be some mod or tweak witch will "fix" that in way if I'm in first person than all finisher will be in first person.

And if anyone find somewhere some mod for this, please post it here.