Mod for archers - show enemy/NPC names from bigger distance

Molda

It would be great if someone could make a mod, that will show enemy / NPC names from bigger distance when pointing mouse cursor over them. Because right now, there is often no way to determine if the NPC is friendly or enemy. And you dont want to shoot friendly NPC who could give you sidequest etc. (Red dots show only if you are close and they see you) So you have to save everytime, go see if he is friendly or not, then load and then shoot.

Also i've read, that the construction set for making mods is not yet available, does someone know where it will be available?

Edited by Molda

Yea, I have a hard time sometimes when I stalk someone and don't know if I should loose an arrow into their skull.

But to avoid being annoying, it should only work when zoomed in with the archery perk, and should be based off a skill.

I however would NOT like this, names may block out the few pixels you can see of a character at range and having it as a perk means more to the debate of "I wanz moar purk poinz"

However, this is a nice concept. and perhaps using the already semi-intrusive compass one could have the "target" appear as Orange(for enemy that cant see you) or blue(for ally that cant see you) when you have a nooked arrow

I however would NOT like this, names may block out the few pixels you can see of a character at range and having it as a perk means more to the debate of "I wanz moar purk poinz"

However, this is a nice concept. and perhaps using the already semi-intrusive compass one could have the "target" appear as Orange(for enemy that cant see you) or blue(for ally that cant see you) when you have a nooked arrow

How would it block it out? Target names appear just under the compass, and targeting is in the center of the screen...

I usually then just sneak up and assassinate them, but I think this would make things easier.

+1. Could use either name tag when zoom with eagle eye or some other appropriate perk, or instantly show red marker when I'm aimed at enemy target on my compass. It sucks that enemies have to see you before you can keep track of them sometimes. Sounds like an easy enough fix. (But what do I know lol I can't mod...yet)

• 2 weeks later...