overload Mods Memory usage leaks

Herolegend

cool thanks, just one more question if you will I installed wyrebash but how can you clean using wyrebash? program wont start for me, meh i wish it had installer version, but i guess starting a new game is better right. well its okay I'll study wyrebash if i have too, just hate it when some programs aren't user friendly heh.

cool thanks, just one more question if you will I installed wyrebash but how can you clean using wyrebash? program wont start for me, meh i wish it had installer version, but i guess starting a new game is better right. well its okay I'll study wyrebash if i have too, just hate it when some programs aren't user friendly heh.

Did you install Python(program language) and wxPython?

Although not exactly relevant to your original concern, Streamline is an excellent mod to use. Especially if you are running a lot of large texture replacers, it can and will help with stuttering which is caused by how Oblivion manages cell buffers. The author of the mod has written some about caching vs purging buffers, and purging properly is helpful. That's on paper. In practice I can verify it helps. It took some time to experiment and make adjustments to the Oblivion.ini and the mods' settings, but it was well worth it.

yea I installed Python(program language) and wxPython, they are in different directories though i did it how it says but the dos box just vanishes when i try to run wyrebash, although my game is installed to a none default location instead of C:\pogram files its installed to G:\games\Bethesda etc..

malonn you got any info on what to put in the oblivion.ini I might give it a shot if i don't like it i can always not save my data and uninstall it right? or is it all in the readme? and have you lose any data using it like weapons on the floor or armor/items in chests or if you drop them on the floor.

I'm not sure what you have done to your .ini. If it is still the default .ini, you are missing out on some info that can help improve performance and customize your game a little. Try TWEAKGUIDES if you have not already. It has a pretty comprehensive tweak collection with good explanations. Also check HERE, it has some good info about the preloadsizelimit.

The thing that has helped me the most in conjunction with Streamline are the cell buffer and preloadsizelimit settings. People warn not to raise the cell buffer size because it causes info cluttering, and in turn stuttering and popping, which is true. But, with Streamline the buffers are purged regularly which helps to prevent that cluttering from causing stuttering and such. It works for me without a doubt. I'm running QTP3, Parallax Cities, Tamriel VWD, Improved Doors and Flora, MMM, Fran, etc etc. I have a low end machine and my game is smooth with constantly acceptable framerates. I still have stuttering, but it is MUCH less frequent with Streamline than without.

You don't have to worry about it corrupting save games or losing data while playing. At least that has never happened to me and I've been using it for quite a while.

thx I got a lot of studying to do on the site then testing cheers

i got wryebash to work now, but running it i have no idea what im doing so i quit the program, whats a decent site to learn how to use it for oblivion? does it take time to learn?

What’s the best setup for Streamline? The documentation is a little vague.

Hard to say. Systems are different. What works for me may not work for you b/c of your comp and/or your preferences. The best recommendation I can give you would be to experiment w/ it a little. Read through the SL.ini too. It explains what a lot of the things do, and has tons of extra settings to tune up.

What if I merge those mods? will it make any difference?

While merging mods can free up addresses, it can occasionally break those mods, or atleast invalidate your saved game with those mods active. Most equipment mods are done without much regard for compatability, so the chances of this are increased.

Archived