Dark Brotherhood

moarx

I'm currently playing through as a ranger and had originally planned to join the Dark Brotherhood but after a bit of reading (most of which I came across by accident) I was curious about a few things.

I noticed that eventually you get a quest which involves you trying to assassinate the emperor. My problem with this is that I was planning on siding with the Empire as opposed to the Stormcloaks, is there any way around this or am I just going to have to side with the Stormcloaks to do the Dark Brotherhood quests? Also, are there any consequences to doing the Dark Brotherhood quests? I'd imagine that a failed assassination attempt would cause some issues, and a friend of mine advised putting off their quests until later on.

I'm trying not to spoil anything else for myself (I've already ruined quite a bit as you can see), so if you could be fairly vague with your answers I would appreciate it.

Edited by moarx

• 4 weeks later...
From what i can tell, it doesn't matter wither you side with the Stormclocks or the Imperials, but don't quote me on that, I'm sure you should be able to do the full Dark Brotherhood quite line and still be able to side with the Imperials, but if not, then i would take your friends advice, side with the Imperials, and do those quests first, then do the Dark Brotherhood quests, but like i said, i think it doesn't matter, after all both of those quest lines are side quests, sorta.