Repeated CTD - but only in Oblivion realms?

tattooofhername

I've been playing with the same character for one hell of a long time. Started out unmodded, and then began adding mods in along the way. I don't know if that's relevant, that I went from vanilla to pretty heavily modded in a short space of time, but it might be, so whatever. I'm kind of treating this character as playtesting to make sure all the mods work before I roll up a new one and go for a full-immersion game over the holidays.

Anyway, I've been running about for the last two days closing oblivion gates, and I've hit a problem. No matter which one of the oblivion realms I'm in, or what area, every time I try to open a door or go into a new area, I get a crash. I usually have to try three or four times to go through a door before I'll make it successfully without a crash, and often it'll also crash randomly while I'm just running around an area looking for a door. I've taken to quick-saving before I even try going through a door so as not to have to start over again, and then usually straight after because it doesn't normally crash from loading a save game, just from those area changes.

Is this something that could be done by a dodgy mod? I know Windows 7 has issues all of its own with Oblivion and similar games, but since I didn't hit an oblivion plane pre-mods I've nothing to compare it to. It's only in Oblivion planes, which is the weird bit. I went through a whole bunch of forts, caves and ruins to try and replicate the issue there, and had no problems whatsoever.

Wyre Bash and BOSS aren't showing any major problems as far as I can tell.

I've attached the BOSS overview of the mods I'm running, since that seemed to be the simplest way to show everything I've got going.

Edited by tattooofhername

And in weirder news, definitely a mod issue, since I fiddled with my load order to see what would happen, and now I try and go through an Oblivion gate and just get told 'this door leads nowhere'. Nice to know it's not my machine overheating (I hate it when it does that, makes the duct tape go loose. Anyway...) but now I need to try and figure out which one made this happen. Especially since, in a sense, the Oblivion gates DO go nowhere. Just, not that kind of... yeah. I'll stop there. Edited by tattooofhername

I might suggest that perhaps more people would look through your mod list if they didn't need to download a text file. You can copy and paste your list between spoiler tags in your post (either edit your OP or make a new post). To do that start the list with ["spoiler"] without the quote marks required for it to show in this post, then paste in your list and end with ["/spoiler"] (again without the quote marks).