Full companion list

Pacerot

So ive been searching on the net for the full companion list but there isn't any, all sites are just showing 4-5 companions and they don't even tell in what skill they are goodt, so anyone got the full list and in what skill are they good in, also why when i give a companion a good sword or a bow they just use the default bow they have, i gave one ebony bow wich is great for a lvl 13 i spend 10 min killing the boss enemy and now they do no event want use the bow.

So ive been searching on the net for the full companion list but there isn't any, all sites are just showing 4-5 companions and they don't even tell in what skill they are goodt, so anyone got the full list and in what skill are they good in, also why when i give a companion a good sword or a bow they just use the default bow they have, i gave one ebony bow wich is great for a lvl 13 i spend 10 min killing the boss enemy and now they do no event want use the bow.

I found these for now (+ lydia of course) :

- Name : illia. Location : Darklight tower (close to riften). Type : mage (i've seen fire and ice powers so far)

- Name : Mjoll the lioness. Location : Riften. Type : warrior (didn't try her but she wears a big axe...you have to do a quest first)

- Name : Barbas. Location : Just outside falkrath. Type : dog (will accompany you until you finish his quest which you can delay as much as you want)

- Name : Sinding. Location : Falkrath jail. Type : werewolf (if you choose to save him)

- Pretty much every member of the Companions once you finish the guild

- A few more i can't remember.

In Whiterun there is a woman called Uthgerd the Unbroken who will be a travel companion if you beat her in a fistfight. She is in a tavern called The Bannered Mare. She is in armor, so I'm guessing she's a fighter of some sort (i.e. not a mage).

I found another one -- a human guy -- in Riften inside a thieves' tavern. He is a mage who uses fire magic. He wasn't mentioned in the post above, so I thought I'd mention him. I don't remember his name or the name of the tavern, sorry. He charges 500 gold for his services.

Edited by Snowsong

Name: Uthgerd the Unbroken

Type: Two-handed Weapons, Heavy Armor.

Unlock: Challenge her to a fist fight. It's pretty easy, I won with my high elf mage at level 4.

Name: Ireleth

Type: One-handed Weapons, Shield, Heavy Armor

Unlock: **SPOILER** - Part of main quest line, defeat the first dragon and she becomes available. She'll wait for you at the exit of Dragonsreach

Just an unrelated side-note. I gave the second one the highest armor I could and a shield to make a meatshield for my mage, and a one-handed fire weapon. The fire weapon is used to activate the bonus damage fire sources get on targets that are already on fire.

Also, if you give your companion a bow they will switch to it depending on the situation. It seems like unless you want your companion solely for DPS that you should stay away from this. It seems they not only miss a lot, but they aren't really good about knowing when to use it. And as a DPS glass cannon class, I prefer to have my companion charge in first and be super tanky. I didn't like the inconsistencies.

There's a lot more info up on UESP, but some of this might be new.

The fire weapon is used to activate the bonus damage fire sources get on targets that are already on fire.

i don't think it works like that.

i'm pretty sure what it means is that fire attacks set the target on fire, and cause them to take more damage over time, after the initial hit. It's fire's special effect, where ice drains stamina and electricity drains mana