⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[PLEASE HELP] Skyrim wont load after i launch it (NOT an infinit loading screen in a way)

Luka25565

Ok i ran Tes5Edit to see whats up i done the UDR and ITM stuff on my mods a lot of player homes have a lot of mods. I got rid of the errors on the esm files (not skyrim.esm). Was that a smart idea?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I advised you not to clean your mods, (last page 6th post) unless you know what you're doing or that the author, (who knows his mod) tells you there's no risk. This is what can happen with a bad cleaning, (read my two posts in this topic and you'll understand how it works)

About vanilla masters it's safe if you do it correctly, so cleaning your masters will ensure less bugs and a better compatibility.

• After you have cleaned all your masters, (DLC included) to be sure it's ok, load again in Tesedit all the vanilla masters together, skyrim, update, dawnguard, hearthfire, dragonborn. On each, (except skyrim) one at a time, right-click >> check for errors. If you have even only one error, you've broken the file. Verify cache to replace the file, (be carefull it will replace all the modified files, good or bad) and try agin.
  • In order to do the check error correctly, you need to close the program and reload the files (s). If you try to check errors just after ITM + UDR in the same session, Tesedit won't see the errors.

In the bad cleaning example above, it's easy to know what is the problem : the guy cleans his plugin and...BAM ! Once in game, CTD, navmeshes problem, etc....

In your case, you have 237 mods. What happens if you have a mod with bad edits and you see the problem only at level 50 ? I let you think about that.

Yup they are clean before i merged them they have no errors. I know i merged a mod once with a null error because i culdnt fix it and i didnt know what to do. Someone asked Mator (the creator of the merging thing) in the comments and he said set it to a null record and it will work. And i merged a mod with a null record

Mhm ok. You sure help a lot thanks. I looked at my plugins and i saw notice boards.esp in the middle of a bunch of esm files. Is it one of the things wich are esm but the thing says its an esp?

That shouldn't be a problem, numerous plugins are marked as esm, like USLEEP for example. I didn't test it yet but may be it allows to unmark it so that you can place it among esp. Just a theory.

<Will i need to get rid of d3dx9_42.dll> I gave you a wrong information, delete this file as it is used by SSME. delete also ssme.ini. Assuming you keep skse memory patch.