Load Loose Files not staying checked

lumpylemons

ok i have not downloaded a bsa file the mods im trying to get to work are DDS or NIF files example: femalebody.dds......so just need to know why are all these mods out and not letting me use them the uploaders have stated to check "Loose Files" but it gets unticked :(

The reason it won't stay checked was explained in the 2nd post of the thread.

Loose Files refers to versions of files in the .bsas that are in the Game Data/Textures/ or Game Data/Meshes/ or etc directories that are meant to override the original versions in the .bsas. Hence "loose". They introduced that option in Fallout, but it was on by default in Morrowind and Oblivion

That's what I assumed it meant, but the box also won't stay ticked for me and yet all the new textures and other changes I've made have worked. So either ticking the box and clicking OK works, but if you go back into it, it always unticks it for you again, or there's particular types of loose files that it refers to. I'm guessing the former. So just try ticking it, clicking OK then going into the game. That's what I've done, it all works for me, but it does appear unticked again if I open up Data Files again.

Edited by Tropxe

I've not had to worry about having that box ticked on here on this system.

The textures I've installed so far to /data/Textures are all working regardless .

I suspect whoever is having issues with the textures not loading is tht they are not

putting the textures in the correct directory .

If you see somethig like /data/textures/textures that wont work, you screwed up.

Just an idea.

I've not had to worry about having that box ticked on here on this system.

The textures I've installed so far to /data/Textures are all working regardless .

I suspect whoever is having issues with the textures not loading is tht they are not

putting the textures in the correct directory .

If you see somethig like /data/textures/textures that wont work, you screwed up.

Just an idea.

While that's certainly a possibility for some, I know it's not the issue with my setup.

• 1 month later...

I've seen another guy with this problem (unless you're the same person from /v/). My only guess would be something to do with admin privileges. If you're not logged in as an admin, run the launcher as an admin.

K. this didnt change anything. here is a screenshot. you can see that the data files option is greyed out and i cant select it.

i had this problem to you need to go into skyrimprefs.ini the one thats in your games folder not the other one

go to C:\Users\(your user)\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and click skyrimPrefs.ini. inside the file look for bEnableFileSelection and make sure its set to "1". if your having trouble finding it inside the .ini file, its under the header [Launcher]. hope that helps

i suggest using wyrebash or wyresmash found here: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1840

i have nothing but problems with the launcher honestly it bunches up mods and sometimes disables them randomly. it seems quite impossible for it to show a list of more than 15 or so mods as well. at least for me

wyresmash gives you conflicting info and loads loose files and is your best friend for loading mods... imo