Housing For The Collectors

windclan

I also think they need to fix the pickup ability (holding e and being able to drag and move stuff)

Make it like it was in oblivion where you could rotate it and set it down easier. I like how they pile the many ingots into little pyramids ingame and id love to be able to do that too.

Just discovered the interactive bookshelves in Breezehome. I think that if they were larger then they would be almost perfect for a Collector House Library. So much easier then having to manually maneuver each book into place though it would be nice if the shelf could place them horizontally as well as vertically.

Out of curiosity has anyone found any other interactive things like the bookshelves? Like weapon racks and such?

I would love to be able to have around 20 mannequins. Just so that one of each armour set can be shown off, one for dwarven, one for elven, one for iron etc... Also behind the mannequins should be a wall where you place each of the weapons associated with each set. So drawven weapons behind the dwarven mannequin etc.

I would prefer it to be a completely new building somewhere near a major city, probably Whiterun as it is neutral rather than Solitude and Windhelm which are not.

I would take inspiration from this hideout by danthegeek for Fallout 3, which is one of the highest rated mods for FO3. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9592

Maybe even better is ot have a nice home as a reward for the civil war quest. Say you become the new Emperor (traditionally a dragonborn sits on the throne) or the leader of the Stormcloaks.

I’m going to be boring and unambitious here, but as long as the house is somewhat classy (not for royalty, but nice) and fully functioning – alchemy, double bed, etc. – what I really want to see is an attractive house. Nice, cheery colors, wood that is rich in color instead of gray (not just saturated), good light from windows or candles (don’t really care which), no freaking cobwebs, an actual color scheme with actually pleasing colors (a series of rich reds, royal blues, forest greens or creamy, clean whites or anything but gray and dreary), and so on. I don’t need a tower or a cave or anything fancy, just good taste in design and color. You’d think someone at Bethesda would have watched HGTV once in their life! Sadly I often find the same lack of taste in modders…but here’s to hoping?