fixes for Alistair dialogue bug?

geekminxen

I'm running into the problem where his "You're the first woman I've ever spent the night with" dialogue won't trigger. I know there's a dialogue fix for him, but it doesn't say it addresses this problem, and honestly if it doesn't (and if there's one that does) I'd like to know now rather than at the end of another playthrough.

Thanks for any help!

Won't trigger... how, exactly? (Is the "All right. I guess I really don't know how to ask you this." conversation not triggering at all? )

What is Alistair's approval status? (Must be 'Love'.) Has he already slept with the Warden? (The "You're the first woman I've ever spent the night with, and if I have my way you'll be the last." line only appears if he is no longer woo-less.)

Any mods installed that affect party_camp.dlg or party_camp.dlb?

I do not know if any glitches with that particular interaction are amongst the bugfixes in cmessez's Improved Romance Scenes - Alistair (IRS-A, for short), but I've romanced Alistair with that mod installed numerous times and never had any problem with the correct dialogue triggering at that point. I only used the Lady Olivia patch once, years ago and can't remember anything about it. /senility

Yes, the conversation never happens. My character meets the requirements, the dialogue just never happens. I don't think I have any mods that affect party_camp.dlg or party_camp.dlb, and this is a glitch that actually affects the vanilla game (it's mentioned specifically in the DA wiki, in fact). I just did a runthrough with IRS; I suppose next time I'll try the dialogue patch and see if that changes anything.

I looked at the party_camp files in the toolset, and cannae see anything odd or potentially glitchy about the interaction. The only trigger is APP_ALISTAIR_IS_IN_LOVE and since it's a forced, scripted conversation, it should start immediately on loading the camp map, unless another scripted event was given precedence.

Sorry I wasn't more helpful. :sad:

Hey, I appreciate the reply. It's an old game and I'm happy other people are still reading the forums. Thanks!

Since it's something that is known to happen in the vanilla game (PS3 and PC versions only, oddly, and apparently not on XBox), I'm guessing it's one of those cases where the problem is something really counter-intuitive, or it's a conversation that's easily derailed as you suggested by something else being given precedence. Bummer, but oh, well. :)

I guess, that's just a question of chronology:

First possibility:

- you didn't invite him yourself (tent)

- you accompanied him to Goldanna

- afterwards back again at the camp he will ask you to spent the (very first) night with him (in this case you won't hear the sentence you are waiting for)

Second possibility:

- you invited him yourself (tent) - and he accepted in case of very high affection

- you accompanied him to Goldanna

- afterwards back again at the camp he will say the sentence you are looking for